iPhone X Just Purchased the iPhone X!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmarttu24, Mar 28, 2018.

1. jmarttu24 macrumors member

So I was really trying to hold out on getting the new phone because I wanted all the bugs figured out and I was worried of the first gen model. I had a bad experience when updating to the 6 so that was my main concern. Anyway my 6 stopped working yesterday randomly, and I figured it was time to upgrade since my gps didn't work and my bluetooth wasn't that great. After playing with the X for a day I am so happy with the upgrade! The camera, the gestures and how vibrant the display is, is absolutely amazing. Everything is lighting fast and my battery life is crazy. I replaced my 6 battery recently and the battery still loses half its life by lunch time, I stream music while I work. With the X my battery was at 90% at lunch time. My only gripe so far is that when I stare at the phone to unlock it, I still have to swipe up, but I knew that going in. Also I would like a kill all apps option, but I'm not holding my breath for that feature. To anybody thinking should they update.. I would say go for it! This phone has a ton of potential and I can't wait to see what the new iOS versions bring to it.

2. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

Congrats! When unlocking, just look at the phone and swipe up at the same time. It’s faster than waiting for it to show it’s unlocked and then swiping up. Kill all apps at once would be nice, but there must be a reason why it hasn’t been implemented.. maybe someday! Have fun with your X!

3. IowaLynn macrumors 65816

IowaLynn

Agree

Keeping a snippet of app alive means the app can bootstrap itself faster. My X gets to use all but a minuscule 80MB if RAM.

I'm expecting .3 to drop in a matter of days.

4. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

There is no way once you unlock via FaceID that it goes from the lock screen to the actual phone home screen???

5. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

You need to swipe up while looking at the phone to unlock it. This is like this for obvious reasons. The main reason is that if it unlocked once you looked at the phone, it will keep unlocking when you just pull it out to check the time or to read a notification on the lock screen.

6. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

Why do so many people want to go from lock screen to home screen? Lock screen to last used app or the app previous to last is my preference. Going to the home screen is an exception.

7. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

8. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

Makes sense.

Last used app wouldn't be my choice. I could have used YouTube last and want messages.
    Or I could have used the phone last and want to go to music. ☺

9. anitak1982 macrumors 6502

anitak1982

Congratulations! I got mine in November and have never been happier

10. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

Congrats. I remember getting mine and setting it up next to my 6+. Just comparing the two it was nice to see the upgraded screen. I was hesitant first with notch, rounded corners, and the slightly more narrow screen. Now, its one of the best phones I have owned. The battery life is incredible for my uses and the camera is amazing. Filming my dogs doing random stuff at 4k60fps is fun.

11. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

For me, all of the commonly used apps are going to be in the multitasking stack. I don't go to the home screen to bring up an app very often so the last used app is more likely correct than any other app.

12. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

I have been struggling about whether to get rid of my 8+ and go X. I didn’t think I’d want the X because I love touch ID and I really like the size, but lately I’ve been using my phone a lot more, and I’m wondering if I wouldn’t prefer something a little smaller again.

Going through the same thing with my iPP - trying to decide about downsizing to the 10.5.

Decisions, decisions...

13. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

When the 6+ came out, although the screen size was nice, I didn’t like the larger profile for a phone, meaning I couldn’t do hardly anything with one hand. When the 7 came out, I upgraded to that, but not the plus size and realized how much I missed the smaller profile. Then when the X came out it was a bigger screen in the profile of the non-plus phones, so I went for it and couldn’t be happier. Some people don’t like that the X screen is narrower than the plus models, but it doesn’t bother me. Face ID has also been great and I don’t miss Touch ID.

As far as the iPad, I don’t have one myself, but my mom had a 12.9 inch one for a year and always said it was too big. At the time there was no 10.5 and she said the 9.7 was too small. When the 10.5 came out, she bought one and couldn’t be happier with it and gave the 12.9 to my dad.

Hope this helps you in deciding

14. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Enjoy, my favorite thing about the X are the gestures. Apple nailed the UI.