just put 8gb of ram in my Macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maschil, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

I must say that it is lightning quick.....Even though it doesn't compare to the i5's macbook pro bases that I've been testing out at best buy... plus the amount apple charges for putting in ram is robbery.. It took 15 minutes literally 15!!!!!!! and the hard drive took an even shorter time.. Just happy that macs are so easy to upgrade. I was so afraid because this is the first time i am opening up any laptop, but it was a breeze, i even used a knife to unscrew the screws (not recommended lol). So for anyone who is afraid about upgrading ram or the hard drive its simple. Unscrew the screws, pop the back off, clip out the ram and clip the new ones back in......and take off the whatever thingy that connected to the hard drive switch them, and boot from usb or dvd the new OS you want to install, then use migration assistant. Piece of cake literally. Thanks apple, and for those who helped me realize that upgrading on a mac is literally a walk in the park...

edit: ps i went from 2gb to 8gb

2. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

Glad you are one of many to take advantage of user-upgradeable parts on your Mac. I am too!

3. Maschil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maschil

yes this board helped me so much, without its support i wouldn't have touched the inside, but it was really a joke like i was like this is too simple... I may experiment with an ssd drive since its so simple i saw one for sale for 50 a couple of days ago.... I'm just surprised that my 12.5mm 1tb drive fit also.....Wonderful.... Seems like my ram has made my browser faster???? Didn't know if that was supposed to happen.