Just put my order in for a 3G S, new AT&T customer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wr1020, Jun 10, 2009.

1. wr1020 macrumors regular

Hey guys, just registered here and i'm hyped to finally get an iphone. I'm switching from Verizon and wanted to know how easy it is to transfer my old number to the iphone while doing the activation through itunes. I didn't wanna have to deal with the lines and hassle of going to an at&t store. Will it be a pain in the ass to do from home since i'm a brand new customer or will it be pretty easy, what i'm getting to is will i have to go to at&t to activate everything.

Also since i'm leaving verizon do i need to call them once i switch over or does verizon automatically see that i canceled my account with them once i port my number over. If anyone can answer these questions i'd appreciate it, thanks.

2. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

You have to cancel first with Verizon, they still have the rights to that number.
    Where did you order your phone from?

3. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

At&t seriously is the worst carrier for cellphones. I hate them so much.

4. golden3159 macrumors member

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

DO NOT cancel your number first. You will likely permanently lose your number. It will automatically transfer over.

5. wr1020 thread starter macrumors regular

Won't canceling my verizon account first not let me port my number over? I ordered from apple.com.

6. mikey28 macrumors 6502

DO NOT cancel your verizon number!! You will lose it.

Once you signed up with ATT and asked them to port your existing number from verizon, they will handle it from there.

You don't even need to cancel your account from Verizon. They will send you and ending bill (with cancelation charges, if that's what you incurred)

Just sit back, the companies will handle this for you.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

^ What he said. Do NOT under any circumstance cancel your Verizon account prior to porting your number to your new carrier (AT&T).

8. wr1020 thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome, what i wanted to hear. Since it's just my line that's being canceled they'll just charge the termination fee for my line. My parents and my sister are still with verizon.

9. KidFresh macrumors regular

I'll repeat: DO NOT cancel your service! I moved over to AT&T from VZW less than a month ago. I received in the mail my new phone; activated it online the next morning. My number was instantly ported over and the new phone was ready to use.