just realized i have a bad screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IUBall22, Sep 17, 2007.

1. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

ok its not that bad, but still noticeable when watching dark scenes in movies. im not too familiar with apple in the past. do they typically recognize these problems and swap units with those that even have slight issues? i mean i paid 400 dollars for this, it should work perfectly.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Apple seems to address things that become common problems with little hassle (this seems to be becoming a common problem) - give them a call. If they try to give you some fish story about the screen being fine, be firm with them and rant about how much you spent. ;)

3. bartyboy macrumors newbie

I totally don't mean this in a bad way, but did you "realize" you had a bad screen after you started reading about the screen issues? I'm just wondering whether we (myself included) are talking ourselves into problems with ones that are fine.
    How much should we expect from a small LCD. Flame suit on...

4. IUBall22 thread starter macrumors 6502

thats what i was thinking...but if the next one i get has the same problem, what then? can you keep swapping til you get a good one?

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I suppose. I've just lucked out with my Apple products I suppose - even my MacBook didn't have any of the problems that plagued it.

6. IUBall22 thread starter macrumors 6502

i actually didnt mind it at first because i thought it was normal and hadnt really used the video function of the iphone before. so yea, once i read about other people experiencing this, i realized that mine wasnt the way it was supposed to be. i just didnt know better before....my ipod before this was a mini, so this was a huuuuuge step up

7. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I think I'm in the same situation. I didn't notice it at all and thought the video was great looking. Even watched some dark seens a bunch of times and didnt see a problem. Then yesterday all of a sudden I saw the problem on some pictures and then on the video. Don't know what to do. Is it my perception..but now that i perceive it I wont be able to get over it.

8. IUBall22 thread starter macrumors 6502

i know what you mean. its like im looking for it now. and even if its not that bad, i shouldnt have to tilt the screen whenever a dark scene comes up. i paid 400 dollars, it should work no matter what.

9. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

You two need to do yourselves a favor and go away and never come back to these forums. You don't even know if you have a problem or not and now you are worrying about something that would never have been an issue if you hadn't read about it.:confused:

10. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

well that may be true. But now I do know I have an issue. I had no idea what the screen quality was supposed to be. Regardless if I noticed before or not, I don't want a defective unit. It's a good thing I have come to this forum because I would be very disappointed if I saw a video on someone else's ipod touch and it was much better quality than mine. So it may have been an issue down the road, but the forums made me download dark videos to see if I had the problem. This is what these forums are for.