Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
My lappy has been relegated to video duty, so I can surf on the iPad at the same time...until I get my movies on the iPad, then god help me lol

Aduntu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I haven't used my iMac since Saturday. I did a school report with Pages while using GoodReader to reference my textbook. I couldn't be happier.

DetroitBORG

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
I stopped using my MacBook, but the iMac is definitely my preferred machine. I actually have no interest in buying the next MBP now (unless Apple does something to change my mind...which they are good at!). The iPad is just BRILLIANT, I can't praise it enough, it's more than I expected.

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Glad to see some are able to ditch their computer. However, I need to be able to have my MSN and Yahoo messenger open while online. Also cant have Pandora running while online with the iPad. So as long as that continues, it will never replace a real computer for me. Best use for me is just messing around before going to sleep or taking to the coffee shop.

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
I've only been using my desktop for lightroom... And a couple other applications. Ive been using it quite a lot less, and frankly its saving me time in the long run. Mostly because it's so quick to get on/off the iPad. Plus it's just dang fun :)

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Is there anything else you did not use in three days you want to tell us? A few months back i bought a new car. I also did not use my desktop for a week then.

epi117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Is there anything else you did not use in three days you want to tell us? A few months back i bought a new car. I also did not use my desktop for a week then.

Darn hadnt used quote for a bit.

tweaks

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2008
I just sold my MacBook pro. It's just the mini and the pad. Couldn't be happier.

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
I sold my MBP Tuesday, and haven't noticed it being gone. I finally did some serious typing on the iPad last night and it was pretty good. Really surprised, and I have big hands.

GregGebhardt

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
IF you have not needed your desktop or "lappy" then you likely did not need it anyway. While I love my iPad, it does not replace my desktop in the least. My "lappy" has seen little to no use as it was just used for entertainment in the lazy boy and the iPad does it WAY BETTER!

BossHogg

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Hazzard County, GA
Agreed - haven't seen my MacBook in a few days and he's not happy with me. Besides all the goodness the iPad brings.....it's soooo nice to carry my iPad every day thru NYC instead of my MacBook !!!! 4 or 5 pounds make such a difference !!!! :D

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
The only times I've used my Mac mini is to update Quicken every day or so and once to print off something. I've even moved my Mac upstairs to a spare bedroom. The iPad has completely changed the way I use computers.

DKatri

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
Birmingham, UK
I think that I will definitely see a significant decrease in use of my MBP once I get iPad. For general surfing and stuff the iPad will be ideal, but for real work and any music stuff using Ableton or Reason my MBP is essential. Although the iPad as a midi controller does look fun!

BaronStein

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2010
NY
Same in here, neither used my iPhone.

Surprisingly, I haven't charged my iPhone for 16 hours according to its usage info. And it still have battery around 80 percent.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I have used my iMac but I don't spend as much time on it. I mainly do some financial stuff but then turn it right back off again.

My E-Mail and some internet is now done on the iPad.

My iPhone is feeling lonely as well. :)

BaronStein

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2010
NY
Same in here, neither used my iPhone.

Surprisingly, I haven't charged my iPhone for 16 hours according to its usage info. And it still have battery around 80 percent.

WPerry66

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
Same here...

Only reason I've used my desktop is for syncing new things to my iPad via iTunes. Both my laptop and my netbook haven't been touched since Saturday. Come to think of it, there's a good chance that netbook just might end up on eBay be foe the end of the weekend! :apple:

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
It'll be interesting to see how usage of your Macs decrease over the next few weeks, or if it's just a temporary thing. I can see it continuing to go down as more productivity apps come out, and once apps start becoming background-aware for 4.0.

Glad to see some are able to ditch their computer. However, I need to be able to have my MSN and Yahoo messenger open while online. Also cant have Pandora running while online with the iPad. So as long as that continues, it will never replace a real computer for me. Best use for me is just messing around before going to sleep or taking to the coffee shop.

Problems solved with 4.0 :)

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
IF you have not needed your desktop or "lappy" then you likely did not need it anyway. While I love my iPad, it does not replace my desktop in the least. My "lappy" has seen little to no use as it was just used for entertainment in the lazy boy and the iPad does it WAY BETTER!

I agree. I didn't need the MacBook Pro 17", now that I have an iPad. So I sold it and my 24" iMac and bought the 27" iMac i5 to complement my iPad. I could never go without a desktop, to handle all the media that gets dished out to the iPhone and iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.