Just realized there is no battery status button on RMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by errr, Jul 1, 2012.

1. errr macrumors newbie

What a bummer. I miss this button already!

I was regularly using the button to see if my old MBP has run out of battery. It is handy to confirm the battery status whenever the MBP boots up a little slowly :D

2. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

There is also no sleep indictor light (the pulsating white light) -- it all much like the MacBook Air. The new Retina MacBook Pros support the "Deep Sleep" mode for 30+ days of sleep/hibernation. Apple's thinking on this was that by including these lights, it would drain the battery.Also, it's possible that because of newer battery configurations like the MacBook Air (which does not have a battery indicator light), that it was decided this was not necessary for the Pro either. The sleep indicator, however, definitely drains battery and it was good Apple did not include this, to maintain the 30+ day hibernation mode capability.

3. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I miss the indicator apple doesn't like LED's

4. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

It's not that Apple doesn't like LEDs, it was done in a move to preserve battery life for Deep Sleep mode, simple as that. Completely halt all power processes and store the current state in Flash and RAM, and by eliminating the LEDs, Apple can ensure nothing is sucking up one volt of juice.