Just realized you cannot select certain numbers or emails to FaceTime

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by imaginex20, Sep 12, 2013.

1. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

In iOS 6 you were able to select the phone number or email a specific contact to FaceTime in the contacts app. Now in iOS 7, when you click FaceTime within contacts app it'll FaceTime all eligible numbers and emails that are listed in that for that person's contact.

For example, my Gf has a personal iPhone and iPhone for work. When I FaceTime from iOS 7 it goes to both phones. This is stupid!!! I only want it to go to her personal phone but there's no way to do that now...

2. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Maybe make two contacts?

Laura - Work
    Laura

or something? Seems like you would want that anyways to differentiate if you text both.

3. imaginex20 thread starter macrumors 65816

imaginex20

No, because when I text and type "Joe" it'll populate the box with Joe (Personal) or Joe (Work) and I can choose either or, although the numbers are listed in one contact.

This worked perfectly fine in iOS 6..not sure why they would change this.

4. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

5. imaginex20 thread starter macrumors 65816

imaginex20

before you comment, have you tried it??? When you select the contacts in the FaceTime app..if you click the number it will bring up the phone app, if you click the email it will bring up the email app. Only way to FaceTime is clicking the "video" button or the "audio" button under FaceTime for that contact.

There is no way to select a specific number just like in iOS 6. Even on OS X Mavericks the FaceTime app I can select the contact then select the email to FaceTime or the specific number.

6. imaginex20 thread starter macrumors 65816

imaginex20