Just rebuilt my Macbook Pro....but.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gazfocus, May 23, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Ok, in preperation for selling my Macbook Pro, I decided I was going to replace the lid and the base as there were quite a few dents from the previous owner.

The lid went swimmingly, and now looks like new. However, during the process of rebuilding the MBP back into the new bottom casing (following the instructions to the 'T' from ifixit.com, I have a couple of little problems).

The palm rest/keyboard doesn't seem to fit properly. Where the left side of the keyboard starts, it feels like there is something underneath it stopping it from sitting properly (but I can't see anything there), so while it's all back together, the lid struggles to shut.

The other problem is that on occassions, the trackpad button sticks in the down position.

Anyone got any advice as to what I may have done wrong or what I could do to rectify it?

Thanks

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

Take the top case off and make sure that there aren't any wires getting pinched. Also make sure that there aren't any bent metal tabs on the top case. The tabs nearest the left palmrest on the front are particularly susceptible.

3. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

yeah....don't force it. take it apart and check everything again. you have ballz i'll give you that. i would make myself ill attempting what you did.:D

4. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

:) Thanks :)

I was very careful to follow the instructions precisely because I did this with my G4 Powerbook (last year) and ended up wrecking the internet speakers). I have had it open again and it seemed to have gone together better. There is still a problem with the touchpad button so looking for a new palm rest.