Just received a call from myself (my phone number).

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paul S, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Paul S macrumors regular

Apologies if this has already been posted. I was doing some work in my office when my phone rings. I look and it says my number on the Caller ID. Weird. Picked up and no one's on the line, and the line disconnects.

There were some old threads (back 2-3 years ago) about a possible scam from people trying to hack into voicemails. But no real explanation or anything concrete of what's going on. Anyone else experience something like this?

Just in case it matters, new iPhone 6 Plus on AT&T.

2. duncangohl macrumors member

Just check in a mirror....stranger things have happened :eek:

3. AJAAY macrumors regular

As long as yourself didn't respond on the other end...

4. erzhik macrumors 6502

5. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Strangely, this happened to me about a month or two ago. I didn't pick up for obvious reasons (I watch too many movies... The 6th sense, Fight Club... etc). about that SAME time the water in my house went out. Well, that really freaked me out. Turns out the whole neighborhood had their water out also, Water Management was doing some work in the area.

Well, not sure if the two were related, but a couple of days later I noticed the water management had some emergency "phone" response where you get notified of any emergencies in the area, including water outages. I thought that might have been the cause for the call since the events were pretty much a minute apart.

Does anyone know if something like this would cause the phone to ring with your OWN number? Oh and I'm on AT&T, and it was an old 4S.

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Maybe it was Paul S from the future... trying to warn you of something! We'll never know what it was now. ;-)

7. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Happened on our house phone the other day. I think it was a telemarketer recording on the other end.

8. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

It was the future calling.... I hope you took good notes.

9. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

10. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

11. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Great Scott! I should have answered then. Not I'm bummed.

12. synnsixty428 macrumors newbie

About 6 months ago I had this exact issue happen to me twice. The only difference was that it was a call from my number on FaceTime. I tried to answer one of them just to see black and hear nothing until the call dropped. The other time was a day later and I completely missed the FaceTime call but saw in notifications.
    Nothing since....