Just received a call on behalf of sj!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zblaxberg, Nov 12, 2007.

1. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

So I sent a letter yesterday and today to sjobs@apple.com because I decided I was fed up with not being able to work with the laptop in my lap. It gets way too hot. I've also had problems with leopard freezing so I decided to give it a go just to see what happens. So I receive a call on my cell phone today from a California area code from someone who said they were calling on behalf of steve and wanted to discuss my concerns that were in the email. I think thats really cool that they actually got back to me. Just wanted to let people know.

2. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Was the area code 408 on that call you got .. ;)

4. zblaxberg thread starter Guest

zblaxberg

Yes it was. basically they said hi my name is ... I am calling on behalf of steve jobs, i would like to talk to you about your email that we received yesterday and your concerns, please call me back at this number at your convenience...g-d knows how he got my cell phone number, i only sent them an email

i just tried calling back but i got his answering machine

5. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Probably got it from your email account being linked to any products you've registered (which asks for address/phone).

6. zblaxberg thread starter Guest

zblaxberg

on the phone with them right now and basically he's transferring me to apple care

7. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Good for you! Ask for some major compensation! Perhaps a portable fridge to keep your Macbook in or something of that sort? :p

8. zblaxberg thread starter Guest

zblaxberg

i ended up applying for a job haha. basically because of the processors they really can't do anything about the heating problem but it was still kinda cool for the guy to call and say he was calling on behalf of steve jobs and he gave me a direct line to his office if i had any other problems and they can get me to a tech person without the wait.

9. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Pfft...I've received dozens of calls on behalf of SJ...infact I had another just a few days ago :)

10. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

LOL they work things out well, that who sent me a free 17MBP

11. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I emailed "him" about a heat issue on my MacBook which makes the lid crack open... a week ago.. no response. :(

12. Particular macrumors member

I feel sorry for SJ that now the fan boys know he reads the e-mails

He must be getting bombarded with all types of crap

13. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Don't feel too sorry, do you actually think that a CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation that employs hundreds of people is sitting back reading emailed complaints about over heating laptops and issues with installation of the Mac OS? :rolleyes: