Just received an email from Apple about delivery date ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmastbro, Jun 21, 2010.

1. rmastbro macrumors member

I ordered an iPhone 3GS last year from Apple online and it did not get delivered until the release date. I would assume this would be same this year ... BUT it is a bit intriguing , even though they put a disclosure for the delivery date :D

Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team

2. IrishTiger macrumors regular

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

4. rmastbro thread starter macrumors member

Yea, I would have put it there but didn't see it until I already posted mine... Wish there was a way the I could close/delete this thread...

5. thespy007 macrumors newbie

As soon as i entered this thread i received the email! I cant wait!! My iphone just arrived at the MEMPHIS, TN facility. If it comes on the 23rd ill take a trip to the att store and show the employees lol.

6. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

7. nopassn macrumors regular

They'll get held in Memphis. You'll see the phones on the 24th.

8. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Nope, they are coming on the 23rd, no way would we all get emails specifically saying so... My bet is they want to alleviate the activations by staggering them. How do they do this? By delivering all reorders the day before release. All of you who think otherwise will be eating your words come Wednesday.

9. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I'm sure the mods will merge this thread as soon as they see it.