Just Received My iPad 9.7 Pro - T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aka777, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I'm getting the same one tomorrow ! Can't decide on the color though lol

2. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Why would you do this when Best Buy is known to drop prices by $100 or more not too long after the release date?

3. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Because I have waited long enough to upgrade my Air.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

5. TheRealAlex macrumors 68000

If I was the OP instead of posting on Forums I'd Monetize my YouTube Channel Link it with my Twitter and Facebook. And since he is so Lucky post an Unboxing Video of the new 9.7 iPad Pro on these forums but Facebook and Twitter and leak it on Reddit like Tmobile is deliverying iPad Pro' Way Early Check your Order ASAP it causes a panic goes Viral Because ALOT of Americans bought iPad through TMOBILE. And he the OP earns a nice Check from Youtube.

6. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

That's exactly what I thought. OP could get a nice 15 minutes from this.

7. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

my point, since you couldn't seem to grasp the reading, was that if you get free hotspot through tmobile why do you want to pay extra for LTE. So, I assume since this is about a tmobile iPad the OP and others are already tmobile customers. This brings us back around to the question you didn't seem to understand;

Why would a tmobile customer that gets free hotspot but an LTE iPad?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    Like what? If you can't get service for your phone you can't get service for your iPad. If your phone is dead yet you are somewhere you need an LTE iPad I assume you will more than likely have an outlet near by.

Not hating on people buying their stuff, just wondering the benefit behind having LTE on an iPad with a carrier that gives free hotspot.

8. mcdj, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016

mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

This is the trouble with today's lazy youth. They think they'll become youtube millionaires without lifting a finger. The OP might be considered mildly lucky for getting an iPad a day early, but he is definitely not "winning at life" because of it, nor will he stand to make very much money, if any, on youtube, unless he already has followers in the millions.

According to Business Insider in 2014, a video creator will roughly earn $2,000 for every million views. That means to make $2000 (minus youtube's 45% cut, and taxes), the OP would need a million hits by tomorrow, because after tomorrow, no one is going to care that he got his iPad a day early. And not many people are likely to even care today...it's not like this is some major new model.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

[​IMG] Same here!!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Here's my pic so it happened. :p
    I must say I didn't think I would like the True Tone display but I actually kinda like it
    Because I don't want to blow through my phones battery.

11. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Yup, I originally went with the Wifi version, then switched to Cellular for my pre-order. Feeling a bit better about that change after burning through 70% battery tethering for an afternoon at a location with zero Wifi.

12. aka777, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016

aka777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting you should say this because I work in Digital advertising. I personally come here for the entertainment aspect, to chat with other enthusiasts, not to generate a quick buck.

On a side note, I went to the local apple store to purchase applecare and they were a little freaked that I had this in hand.

13. FairyCatInPink macrumors 6502

FairyCatInPink

I agree, probably you can just walk in to Apple Store and can pick one up to go. Many people changed their mind and already got 12.9" instead as well, and when 12.9" came out, there was plenty of store pick up as well. Make sure you have Apple Pencil and/or keyboard though, if you're planning to get those. Those things possibly all gone again, instead of 9.7" Pro itself.

14. Ryukouki macrumors regular

15. hArrisburger macrumors regular

Wow. Pretty frustrated here. Ordered Saturday 11/26 and was guaranteed by the T Mobile manager my iPad would arrive on launch day if not earlier. Just spoke to a T Mobile Rep who said 128GB Space Greys are back ordered 2-4 weeks.

I may go out in search of one tomorrow....

16. AliMacs macrumors 6502

LOL - everyone must PROVE something in this forum. Next time I need you to hold up a newspaper with the correct date as well :D

17. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Hey you know the saying pics or it didn't happen. :p I figured I better deliver!

18. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Wifi iPads don't have GPS, saves phone battery, phone hotspot not always reliable, convenience os just using it, Mobile has 200 mb free each month. Need more?

19. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

Now that could have made for a humorous video.

20. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

What happens after you use up the free 200mb? Do they charge you or cut you off?

21. russ99 macrumors member

Ordered mine for store pickup at 8am, it's ready for pickup now. I'll get it after work.