Just received my MBP so here come the questions!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hemoo, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Hemoo macrumors member

Hiiiii guys I just received my MBP. Till now every thing is smooth. I feel like I'm lost every thing is new here. I have some questions that you may find it silly:
    - How can I now the warranty. I bought it from amazon.com, and I know it should come under one year warranty but I don't know how, is the booklet is the warranty???
    - There is already one item in the trash, which is (ilife media browser.tar)! and now after update some application I found another file in trash (apple mobile device.tar not suer) is this normal !
    - How about the battery should I make it loose all the battery and then close the laptop and fully charge it?
    -How the hell I can make the page full screen without drag the corners?

I know, I have a lot and a lot to learn :confused:

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

to check your warranty,you can type your serial number here ------->
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

if the system puts these files in the trash, it's probably normal

you can use the computer on battery on power as you wish, just remember to calibrate it once in a while

to get full page, hit the green button but it seems it does not work perfect all the time.

3. Vedhead macrumors member

Vedhead

I got my MBP last week and I wondered about the window maximize thing too (green button)...coz that definitely doesnt make it FULL screen...I'm getting used to the fact that apple doesnt want us to go full screen...mac operators seem to like to have a bunch of windows open at once, all of them using a small portion of the screen...didn't like the idea at first, but now I love it.

Also...don't forget about Spaces...I just started using it yesterday and it's great.

4. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

well, the deal with the green button, is that it maximizes the window to its highest resolution possible, without giving up space. For instance, on a PC... if you were to maximize a window, you would have some space on the left and right of the website... however, the "green button" makes it so you are only missing the unused portion of the website.

Does this make sense at all?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

First off congrats on the purchase.

Now to business:
    -The warranty is tagged to your serial number so if it needs fixin' all you need is the serial number which is on the computer.
    -There shouldn't be anything in the trash, but if the computer works it shouldn't be problem. If you're worried just reinstall the computer from the discs.
    -First time just make sure you charge it to 100% (when the magsafe turns green). After that it doesn't matter at what stage you charge it. No need to drain anything. These Li-ion batteries have no memory effect. If you never actually use the battery or you usually don't deplete the battery for you start charging it again. Then once a month, run the battery down until the computer forces a sleep and then charge it back to fully again.
    -If the green button doesn't do it, then you have to manually drag.

6. Hemoo thread starter macrumors member

Thank u very much :D the green icon still don't make the page full screen.

Thanks for the advice, I'll certinly check this out :D

maybe, but I'm used to full screen=full screen :)

Thanks for the tips, I will charge it and go to sleep now :D

7. jus407 macrumors member

If you want safari full screen go to the chevy malibu's main page here http://www.chevrolet.com/malibu/ the flash settings automatically increase the page size to cover the whole screen (which i like) (alot)

8. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Make sure to press the green button twice sometimes ;)

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That makes it smaller again!

10. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Here's what happens on mine,

1. I have a really large window.

2. I click the green button, windows gets smaller.

3. I click the green button again, window resized to an adequate size.

Attached Files: