Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I received my i5 from FedEx yesterday and found the screen to look pretty good. The question I have is with the Seagate hard drive. When using the computer there is a constant "grumbling" sound when the hard drive spins. Is this typical for a Seagate hard drive? Does this warrant requesting an exchange or should I just deal with it? Will it eventually go away?

Thanks.

Sir Cecil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
Unfortunately, I experienced this with the 1T Seagate drive, which is why I subsequently went for the 2T that has a Hitachi. This subject is covered quite extensively in other threads though. You might like to seek them out rather than wait for similar responses to appear in this thread.

FedexLaShelia

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
Hello, This is FedEx LaShelia. If there appears to be any damage either external or concealed (operational issues) wtih your product please keep your oringinal packaging and labels, in case item requires inspection or being returned to sender. If claims is necessary please visit us online at fedex.com or contact us at 1-800-463-3339.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.