Just received my replacement iMac today!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hublar, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Hublar macrumors newbie

The new one works fine no problems with the camera or anything else that I can find. The original one was assembled in the U.S. and the camera didn't work. The replacement was assembled in China and everything works. Go figure.

Hub

2. Blue604 macrumors regular

Made in China stuff are not good, but still better than made in USA.

3. All Taken macrumors 6502a

In comparison to?

4. mushroomtip macrumors 6502

I recieved my replacement on Friday as well and so far so good . ironically its Assembled in the USA where as my return was Assembled in China . the problem with mine was that it would not turn on no matter what I tried.
    the turnaround was stupendous ! I shipped out the return on Monday and got the replacement on Friday.

27/i7/768/680

5. Hublar thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe ours were built on Friday or Monday

I always heard never buy a car that was built on those days. Monday the workers are recovering from the weekend and Friday they're getting ready for it.

Hub

6. All Taken macrumors 6502a

I laughed at this - one major flaw in your logic.... Many industrial workers... work WEEKENDS TOO! :D That car you purchased on Wednesday, well it's probably made by the worker who takes Thursday and Friday off.

7. HenryDJP, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013

HenryDJP macrumors 603

I seriously hope your were kidding. Firstly as the other member mentioned, production line for vehicles can be any day of the week including weekends. Also, that's like saying everybody in the world is irresponsible when it comes to their jobs. Come on. You could get one build on a wednesday that ended up as a lemon. :D. Just like the iMac you'll know as much as the month only and possibly the production week at best but if you find out the day it would be naive not to accept it based on what you "heard".

Now as far as where it was made, I have to say that my replacement iMac that I got (2011) model has been flawless to say the least, (USA assembly). I've been buying Macs for 16 years and ever since the assembly went to China I have had more problems than I care to talk about. This new iMac I have had for 1 year next month and not one hint of any issues. Unlike all my china made iMacs with problems rearing their ugly heads after just a few short months of owning them.
    This new iMac behaving so well makes me feel that buying the Applecare is unnecessary.....BUT...I know better and will buy it next month just before my included warranty expires. Just in case. :)

8. Brian Y macrumors 68040

9. HenryDJP macrumors 603

10. Hublar thread starter macrumors newbie

Wasn't trying to start anything

I work shift work and have for 20+ years. I'm the one keeping your lights on. I just thought it was odd that's all. I work in a place that preaches no mistakes no matter what. I hear about human performance day in and day out. But the truth is everyone makes mistakes sometime.

Hub

11. macalec macrumors 6502

I have got my iMac 21.5 Fusion and it was made in USA. The quality seems better than most other systems I have had in recent years... Those were from China.

In addition the last USA made system that I had was a G5 Tower.

:apple::apple: