Just received replacement rMBP today and...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sireShonBohn, Jul 3, 2012.

1. sireShonBohn macrumors regular

Call me crazy but the lag seems to have been reduced. Were unseen software updates applied at the factory? Is the hardware performing better? Only Steve knows. The lag is not totally gone but comparing the two computers side by side with graphics switching off it's obvious that the new one performs slightly better.

By the way, I returned it due to cosmetic defect and the new one has a tiny pin prick on the top cover. It's smaller than the pin prick on the one I returned but still, WTF?

Steve help me if I bought a Dell I wouldn't give a flip about a pin prick....

2. 01mggt macrumors 6502

Is it possible you are comparing a freshly installed OS to one you have tweaked and installed apps and such on?

3. sireShonBohn thread starter macrumors regular

Well that is true, but I haven't done much with the old one since it's been slated for return since the day I got it. As I remember, the new one is better out of the box than the other one was.

I think I can say definitively that the new one runs better. OSX has more of that lively fun nature to it now. The first one was just a drag from the get go.

4. stevelam macrumors 65816

You are more than likely just seeing what you want to see.

5. sireShonBohn, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012

sireShonBohn thread starter macrumors regular

No, I don't think so buddy.

BTW, I did not say it was lag free, I think I indicated it was *better*. This issue isn't resolved, it simply looks to have been improved upon.