iPad Just received the Ultra-Light Lioncase

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by kdoug, Nov 14, 2013.

1. kdoug, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Well, color me disappointed. I saw the title and was looking forward to the review of this Ultra Light case.

I do hope you post a review, but why post that your ordered one?

3. kdoug thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Sorry to disappoint but I was just giving people a heads-up. They shipped today so hopefully it'll be here in a week or so and I'll post a review.

4. tandeh macrumors regular

Im really interested in this case hope to see you review soon (is it for the Ipad Air?)

5. tandeh macrumors regular

I just emailed Lioncase asking about how long their current christmass sale is on the iPad air case and also its wieght, here the reply:

"The net weight of lioncase Folio Shield for iPad Air is around 205g.
    It will be on sale until Dec 26, 2013. It will take 2-3 working day(s) for product packaging plus 7-14 Working Day(s) for delivery to US location for your reference."

6. bouncybee macrumors newbie

Mine shipped from Hong Kong, should be able to receive it in a few days (they sent it via EMS).

7. tandeh macrumors regular

look forward to your views on the case, in general how are lioncase products, if anyone has used them before and is 205 grams/7oz approx a good weight?

8. bouncybee, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013

bouncybee macrumors newbie

I just received my case today. Initial impressions: it feels quite okay, feels the inside material feels quite cheap, but faux leather is okay. The case is very very tight, I found it very hard to pry the iPad out once I put it in. Cutouts are aligned. The iPad tends to slip at the flattest viewing angle.

Most disappointing thing for me though is that the magnet is not strong enough - the front cover doesn't stick when you hold it to the side or upside down :(

9. tandeh macrumors regular

All in all do you think its worth the sale price of $20? How light but is it compared to any other cases you have users, I was thinking of getting it to tide me over till I get the flux in April, but started getting doubts now :(

Have you tried contacting lioncase, as the chap replies within a day, maybe you got a bad one from the batch or they are going o fix it,

10. bouncybee macrumors newbie

I think it's well worth $20, but I would not recommend it as a temporary case because it's really really hard to get the iPad out of the case once you put it in (or you're at risk of scratching your unit). I think 200g seems accurate. I'm currently using Uniea Lucid, and I feel that the Lioncase is just a tad bit lighter.

I did email them to ask whether this was a product design or defect.

11. tandeh macrumors regular

ok please keep us updated, did u scratch your unit while testing, as i was planning on using until around april.

12. bouncybee macrumors newbie

No I didn't, but not planning to put it back in unless I'm sure it's the case I'll be using in the long run.

13. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Very informative video - to the point and well spoken.

14. tandeh, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

tandeh macrumors regular

that video is old and for ipad mini.

Also any updates on communication by lioncase or other purchasers receiving product?