Just recieved my Fabrix case!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ti2ibal1, Oct 29, 2008.

1. ti2ibal1 macrumors member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I ordered it when I had the white Macbook, so I wasn't sure how it was going to fit the new Glassbook. Fits like a glove! The construction is amazing and the fabric feels top notch!

I highly recommend checking them out. The shipping time is horrible, but it showed up so oh well.

http://www.fabrixcases.com/

Sorry for the cell phone pics.

2. impreza98 macrumors member

Looks great! What are the insides made out of? Think it could scratch it or anything? Also would you recommend any size dimensions to get a more snug fit?

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

it looks like something you could have made in home ec lol.

4. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

5. ti2ibal1 thread starter macrumors member

I ordered it when I had my White Macbook, so it's not a super snug fit. It does fit well enough that I'm not worried about it, though.

Now if you order from Fabrix, they offer fitment for the aluminum models. I'm sure that the dimensions are better suited to the new one.

The fabric it's made of feels top notch. The inside feels like a soft nylon. I have a hard time thinking it will scratch it.

I wanted a padded sleeve for my Mac so I wouldn't have to worry about scratches and dents while being in my backpack. This works great and I'd buy another in an instant.

6. fk51785 macrumors regular

7. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Do cases like that tend to rack up the dust / junky particles since it doesn't zip shut?

Just curious. I have a Tucano Sleeve for my Santa Rosa Macbook, and that looks a bit easier to pack and go with. I'm constantly moving around on my campus with my MacBook throughout the week. But, it does stay relatively dust / particle free inside of the case so my Macbook stays devoid of major scratches.

8. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Sorry, not crazy about the fact that it doesn't cover up the whole computer. On rainy days it's nice to go hang out at the coffee shop and take my notebook, it can still get wet with that case.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would say the fabric is probably that (by looks) of what you'd see on a jacket of sorts that repelled water ever so slightly. The inside looks like a sleeping bag. Ergo, you have a sleeping bag for your MacBook.

How's the padding? Same protection found in similar sleeves neoprene and/or fabric?

Yeah but do you honestly just carry yours like a book outside a bag that goes over the shoulder?

10. ti2ibal1 thread starter macrumors member

You hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what it's like.

I haven't seen many sleeves to compare the padding to, but I'd say I'm happy with it. I'm not worried about it getting banged up or dented, if that's what you're asking.

11. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

If they had the Black Pro one in stock, I would have ordered it for my MacBook.

12. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

i would have loved to get one of the Fabrix cases, but the currency change to switch to CAD sucks! it would have been close to 70 bucks, which i consider too much for a sleeve. and shipping takes forever...

i went with a simon and cleo case instead. they are really nice over there, great customer service, but it still does come down to how nice the product is, so if anyone is interested, ill post impressions/quick review on it once i get it in the next couple days

13. macalacka macrumors newbie

How is the first image on that case to pop in my head The Stay-puff Marshmallow man? lol, "it just popped in there!"

case looks great though, is it a snug fit for the AMB?

14. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but i ordered a Fabrix case for my gf's iphone back in Dec 6th and still haven't received it.

How long did it take you to gety ours?

Thanks

15. mac jones macrumors 68040