Just recieved my first mac (2.5ghz penryn refurb)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tphr, Oct 24, 2008.

1. tphr macrumors newbie

**just noticed i spelled received wrong.. and i guess i cant edit it.

Hello everyone. Ive been reading this forum for a couple months leading up to the release of the new MBP's. This forum has been very helpful in choosing which notebook would be best for me. I decided to go with a refurb mainly because of money constraints and the fact that I am neutral about the changes made in the current generation.

The notebook is pretty much perfect cosmetically. The only thing i noticed is that there is a little bit of a larger gap on the rightside of the notebook than the left. It is barely noticeable so it doesn't bother me much (i'll do a search on the forum for a possible fix)

Two of the first things I wanted to do was upgrade the memory and the hard drive. I checked the system info and it says there is 4gb of memory! (I thought the 2.5 refurb only shipped with 2gb?). As for the hard drive, I am leaning toward the 320 GB 7200rpm Hitachi for reliability sake. I was looking at the packages they have available at OWC and saw that they have hard drive upgrade kits that come with enclosures for your old hard drive. My question is, will it be worth it for me to get the fw800 enclosure over the fw400 enclosure? (I will be using the drive to store my music that I will be loading into DJ software)

2. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

fw800 is it. fw400 is roughly the same as usb. speed wise.