Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
Specs below.

Everything set up so smoothly and I'm enjoying my first Mac very, very much.

the 24'' screen is absolutely gorgeous.. slight reflections but I also have an open window behind me.

Overall, I'm absolutely in love with this machine.. I also installed my 4GB of RAM very easily. The longest part is transferring my songs from all my CD's..

PS. Anybody know a way to get .AVI's to transfer into MPEG or .MOV or whatever format i can view using Front Row?!

thanks for the help

-Jon

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Congrats, you will love this machine!

As for the movies, just get them into iTunes and then right click and select "convert to..."

That should do the trick!

D4F

Sep 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Specs below.

the 24'' screen is absolutely gorgeous.. slight reflections but I also have an open window behind me.

Overall, I'm absolutely in love with this machine.. I also installed my 4GB of RAM very easily. The longest part is transferring my songs from all my CD's..

PS. Anybody know a way to get .AVI's to transfer into MPEG or .MOV or whatever format i can view using Front Row?!

thanks for the help

-Jon

Congratz.
If you're running 10.5.2 then hold for a bit with updating to 10.5.3

Somebody posted xbench results and they do not look good for the 8800.
Initial test tho but worries a bit.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Specs below.

thanks for the help

-Jon

Congrats and welcome to the club of privileged computer users...

As for format conversion, you may try Handbrake, iSquint or TubeTV...google for them or try http://www.versiontracker.com

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.