Just Released Newest iProcrastinate!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Littleodie914, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you be the first to know that I just released the latest version of a task-management app I've been developing, called iProcrastinate.

You can check out my site at http://www.craigotis.com

I hope you like it, it's free, and I'm very open to suggestions and ideas. :)

Also, if you really really like it, please help get the word out and Digg it! :D

2. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Here's a screenie too, figured it might help show off what the app does. :)

Attached Files:

3. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

as we discussed online, needs project completion in %.

Also if you have a major project consisting of say four major elements and you have 100% completed one of these elements the element will show as 100% complete but the project 25%

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Going on with that percentage idea, maybe you could organise them into groups, and have sub-tasks (kind of like folders in iTunes with playlists in them). That would allow for individual task completion as well as overall task completion.

Great program, by the way. This will give me an excuse to have my MacBook with me when i'm studying for my exams! :D
    woot, post 2000!

5. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

Thats what i just said :rolleyes: :D

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Glad to see you're still developing the project. It looks like it's coming along nicely. :)

7. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Thanks a lot, I've been trying to put as much free time as I have into it, glad you're enjoying it! :D

As for the project groups and the percentage completion, I really like that idea. I'll see what I can whip up.

(Please Digg too! ;))

8. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Any other ideas? Suggestions, comments?

What do you guys think of the file browser, is it necessary?

And the toolbar, though it adds a nice "modern app" look, do you think you'll use it?

9. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

10. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Haha I knew that was going to happen sooner or later :rolleyes:

11. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i thought i'd word it differently. I don't know what you discussed privately with Odie, so i thought i would expand on the idea of percentages.

12. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Sure, no harm no foul :)

And I think even though both ideas might sound very similar, I'm sure you each have individual pictures in your heads about how it'll turn out, look, or function, so be as specific as you can so others can discuss! ;)

13. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey again all! More questions for ya, and as always, comments and ideas are still very appreciated. :)

1) Is there anything you don't like about the new app? Toolbar, file browser, etc.

2) I've heard from one report that there's an issue saving files as a Binary format on PowerPC machines. I currently don't have one available, so I was wondering if someone could test this out for me. Thanks!

3) I'm also open for critique on the website. I'm somewhat new to web development, especially color proofing. :eek: So if anyone has any suggestions in that department, feel free to let me know! :)

14. andrewheard macrumors regular

Is there some way to edit the subjects after they have been created? If not, I'd love that feature. I'd like to be able to add additional info to the subjects later. BTW, beautiful interface.

15. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I'm actually working on that RIGHT now, and it should be up in an hour or so. :)

16. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Version 51 up and ready to go :)

Now you can edit subjects!

17. andrewheard macrumors regular

Now that was fast. iProcrastinate is going to be very useful in september when I start my first year of university.

18. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Thanks, ya I really hope you like it. Anything else you can think to add, post it here. I'll be working on it most of the day. :D

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

How about adding the ability to recognise UK dates, i.e. 3/8/07 comes out as the 3rd August 2007 rather than the 8th March 2007?

Personally I prefer the XML data type for CoreData as the developer can add additional fields more easily.

20. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Alright, I'll see if I can toss a preference pane in there for the dates.

And the XML data type, that would require manual methods for saving, opening, etc., correct? And wouldn't that cause me to lose out on a lot of the bindings I've set up?

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

@XML

No, it won't involve extra work for you but, it just might be easier for you to add new features in newer versions ;), though if you are already using binary, that pain will exist anyway...

@Dates

22. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Just posted a bug fix as well, for anyone who was having trouble saving files with the "priorities set too high."
    :)

23. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

i havn't had a chance to play with it, i will do so in a couple days as this looks like it will be really useful come this fall... however i'm not sure if this is included in the program or not but maybe under "associated files" you can allow previewing? like if its a .pdf or something, you can simply preview the pages in the program itself, rather than having to open up a separate program? :eek:

24. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Ooh, that's a toughie. I'm really not sure how to do that! I'll look into it. If anyone has any ideas, or knows of any programs that currently do something like this (besides CoverFlow :p) please let me know! :)

25. robbiehanson macrumors newbie

A lot of potential

I think this application is going to be great after a little more work. I really love the idea, especially the simplicity and elegance of it.

Some thoughts:
    Why is this document based? Here's how I would use the application (and I would use it all the time): Launch the application, and would expect to see my list just as I left it last time. Read my list to see what I need to get done. Close the window, do my work. When I finish the task I would then click on the icon in the dock, and I would expect to see my list just as I left it.

Also, I would like to be able to hide the notes/steps section, as I don't always want them visible. Most of the time I just want to see my list. A short description is usually enough to jog my memory.

Keep up the excellent work!