Just repaired permissions on my 10.6.1 - NEVER seen SO many errors!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by glossywhite, Sep 17, 2009.

1. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

:eek::eek::eek:

I have had my Snow Leopard Apps crashing a bit lately... I'm suspicious of 10.6.1 update... I just did a permissions repair, and oh MY - I have NEVER seen SO many repairs (too many to copy & paste).

See the log here - is this why it has been crashing??> I seem to recall that the crashes became more frequent AFTER the .1 update... I should have repaired before now!.

http://pastebin.ca/1570222

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It's not abnormal to have that. Over time when you install, uninstall or make chnages on your computer, things are going to change. I was bored one day and decided to do repair my permissions for fun (this was about 2 months after I purchased my MacBook Pro) Came back with a few errors but not as much as yours but it didn't affect the operation. But if you are having problems, it could be a permissions problems.

Ultimately, depending on what's happening having permissions differ could cause you problems or it could be nothing.

3. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

4. G4DP macrumors 65816

Holy Schnit!

That must be a record, congratulations.

I think the only problem I have is the last one, which seems to be a common problem with 10.6 & 10.5. Although I never saw it with my installation of 10.5

5. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

how long did it take for you to repair those?

6. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Ten mins-ish... iMovie 09 just fell over again, fortunately NOT until it had successfully exported my 720p project, which had been processing for half an hour :)