Just replaced HD last week and it crashed again

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cdowney, Oct 25, 2010.

1. cdowney macrumors newbie

I need some help, last week my computer froze and would not let me force quit or shut down so I turned it off for a few seconds and turned it back on. Nothing happened I just got a white screen...so I put in disk 1 of the install disk and went to disk utility tried to repair the HD but it said there were errors that couldn't be fixed so I erased it and attempted to install the software again. It thru the installation but I got an error message that said the installation could not be completed and to contact the manufacturer. I then took the installation disk out and restarted I then got the folder with the question mark. I went to the apple store they confirmed it was the hard drive and I bought a new one.

I had the new HD installed and it worked perfectly. Today I was trying to save a word document and I received a message that said there was no space on the disk... I checked to see how much of the HD was in use and it said I had about 269gb available. My macbook then froze and all I got was a beach ball, couldn't force quit, couldn't shut down. So I turned it off and then turned it back on and it would not boot up. I put the install disk in again went to first aid again said that the errors could not be fixed so I erased. I then restarted and tried to reinstall the os that went smoothly until approx time remaining was 2hours and 16 minutes it just froze. So I cancelled the install and with hopes to try again but now I cannot even get it to install it cannot locate my disk and if I turn the computer on without the install disk I get the question mark with the folder.

I am just not sure what could be wrong, my macbook is only 2yrs old in good condition, and I have never had any issues with it. I am a student who works full time I don't have any extra money to purchase a new laptop and would like to figure out what is wrong with this one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I had a MBP with an I/O controller go bad. It destroyed two hard drive before I figured that out. Apple confirmed it and replaced the motherboard.

3. cdowney thread starter macrumors newbie

How much did that cost ? I dont have a warranty

4. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

It was a warranty repair, so I have no idea of the cost.