just replaced iPhone screen with glass + digitizer from ebay...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adammusic, Jan 27, 2014.

1. adammusic, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014

adammusic macrumors 6502

adammusic

iPhone 5.

everything work besides the screen is super dark. and the brightness controls don't work. up does nothing. down does nothing. unusable. anyone know why this would be? auto brightness is off so i don't think it should have to do with the sensor. the ear sensor works fine. could it be a bum digitizer? please help asap !!

2. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

You got a cheap third party screen that is defective. That's why you either go to a repair shop to get it fixed or to Apple if you have the money. I tell people this all the time when they say "I could just get the part on ebay and do it myself"
    ;)

3. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

Ebay user sold over 2,000 of them. Feedback was good, returning it & going to order another. Any recommendations?

4. mripadmini macrumors regular

Buy anthor screen is all you can do at this point enless you got the $$ to buy a new iPhone.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

6. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

ok so i got another digitizer on ebay. still can't control the brightness. then i tested my old cracked screen, which the brightness worked on before, and now it doesn't work on that either.

so if its not the digitizer, not the backlight, what can i possibly be. I can't find anything online. Im pretty much screwed. won't even be able to sell it for anything.

HELP !!

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i guess you didnt learn the lesson the first time. you get what you pay for.

8. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

I guess you didnt read my post. My old digitizer that worked fine , doesn't work with the brightness anymore. So it has to be something else. What is it?

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i read your post. my suggestion is to get a proper screen then restore the firmware

10. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

Restored firmware. Tested proper screen. Still no brightness contriol. Process of elimination. Motherboard short?

11. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

proper screen as in not another cheap ebay one?

12. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

13. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

oh yea? where did you buy it from?

14. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

the original screen !! tested. no brightness control !!

15. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

That's because that cheap eBay screen blew something video-related on your motherboard. Now nothing works, not even your old screen. How's that for the process of elimination?

16. adammusic thread starter macrumors 6502

adammusic

Everything works besides the brightness control. If it is something on the motherboard, then its the part of the motherboard that controls brightness. How do i fix that?