Just replaced logic board need some software help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KnightSaber, Feb 10, 2009.

1. KnightSaber macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm a PC person but my wife's mac took a liquid spill last week. So I bought a new logic board and installed it. After playing around with the RAM alittle bit it posted tonight. However it doesn't show a boot device. So i figured it was like a PC and now that the hardware profile had changed slighty (same board as before but different address i'm presuming) I figured I'd have to some repair work regarding the drive.

Booted from the DVD and ran the utility and it said that the drive is fine and all the files are there. From here i'm a little lost. Do i need to reset the Firmware in order for it to boot from the HDD? Or is there no way other then reformatting the drive? and putting on a fresh OS.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sounds very odd. The boot device to use is stored in NVRAM on the logic board, so perhaps this is "blank". Try holding down the option key when you power it on to give you a list of boot devices. Or if you can try setting the startup device from the install DVD...

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Try booting while holding command+option+P+R until you hear the startup chime a second time to reset the PRAM.