Just reserved today (June 17) for Day 1 in-store pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zinka, Jun 17, 2010.

1. zinka macrumors regular

So either I got really, really lucky, or I encountered a bug, but I was just able to reserve an iPhone 4 for in-store pickup on Thursday, June 24. After selecting to upgrade my line of service, it gave me a choice between shipping on July 14 and in-store pickup on June 24. Obviously I picked the latter (the Apple store is a 1-minute walk from my office), and it went through. Too good to be true? Did I experience a bug? Is my reservation real?

2. tritonj macrumors 6502a

wait for your confirmation e-mail, call the store to confirm you're on the list, or check the apple store app for your reservation

3. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Haha, you encountered a bug. Reservations were taken down. No stores are accepting them any longer. I would go back and get it shipped instead at this point.

4. absolut` macrumors member

Bug for sure. Just tried it, didn't have a reservation option for me.

5. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Can you see your reservation in Apple Store app on your iPhone (assuming you've got one already)? If you do, then you got lucky somehow. If not, I don't know what's going on. Well, either way, I don't know what's going on.

6. elephunkman macrumors 65816

7. stellablue96 macrumors member

same here

8. zinka thread starter macrumors regular

Where do you see reservations in the app? I'm going to Stores > Reservations, and there's a box labeled "Make Reservations" with a bunch of contents. If I have a reservation, should there be additional text somewhere indicating I have a reservation?

Grr... why can't Apple get websites right?

9. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

I dont think he is talking about making a reservation. I think he is saying he made a pre-order and chose the in-store pick up option because it showed 6-24 instead of 7-14 delivery.

I was one of the lucky ones to get a pre-order through on dooms day and at the end it gives you the option to have it shipped or to pick up locally at a store. you still had to pay for it at the time of reservation.

making a reservation and paying when you pick up was a different thing and that was taken down late in the evening on the 15th

10. zinka thread starter macrumors regular

Here are the contents of the confirmation screen:

Your reservation is confirmed.
    Thanks for reserving your iPhone for pickup at the Apple Retail Store on June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m. You’ll receive an email confirmation shortly and we’ll have your iPhone ready and waiting for you when you come in to the store to pick up and pay.

When: Thursday, June 24
    Where: [Apple Store location here]
    What: IPHONE 4 BLACK 32GB-USA
    $299.00

What to bring
    You must bring the following with you when you visit the store:

A valid, government-issued ID
    A debit or credit card
    Your Social Security number​

Is this really fake?!

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The reserve option is definitely gone. Just tried it as well.

12. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Did you ever get the email confirmation?

13. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

That looks right...I got the same thing and I called the local store and they in fact had my name down for a reserved iPhone4...the kid said there will be a phone there for me until they close for business that day (6-24)...
    Call the store

14. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Go find the retail store that you made the reservation with in the app. You should see your reserved iPhone under Reservations > My Reservations.

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Go back to the Apple website and tell us if the reserve option is still there because I tried it and didn't get that option. You're telling us one thing and we're saying another. Nobody has called anyone a fake.

16. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Above the Make a Reservation box, you should see a My Reservation box that you should be touch to see the details of your reservation. If you don't see this box listed at your store, my guess is you don't have a valid reservation. However, the content of your reservation read exactly the same as mine. Did you receive a confirmation email--should get one of these as well if it's a valid reservation.

17. redman042 macrumors 68020

Maybe someone cancelled an existing order and opened up a slot for you at just the right time. Or the store's allocation was increased.

I don't think this is completely implausible, but likely very rare.

18. zinka thread starter macrumors regular

Sigh. No "My Reservation" box, and no confirmation email (yet). This is really frustrating!

19. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Dude, just call the store and ask them. They can check.

Stop torturing yourself and just make the call.

20. dmize31287 macrumors regular

I'm sorry your frustrated, but it was a bug after all since reserves / pre-orders were stopped for day one two days ago. If you happen to get confirmed, congrats! If not, you did get through late after all...

21. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I hope you receive the email, then you're all set.:D

22. dmize31287 macrumors regular

I second, I know my last post might of sounded harsh... But I really want everyone to get their phone ASAP honestly. I mean, the more the merrier when it comes to FaceTime :D!!!

On second thought, I need to get my girl to get one. I have a feeling trying on clothes will get better by 10 fold... :)

23. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

I am 99% sure OP is a female. Anyway, maybe availability of reservation depends on the store location. Maybe not all stores ran out of reservations. Who knows..

24. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

If the OP is female, then my post still stands. I call everyone dude, especially when I am doing it for emphasis.

Now, DUDE, quit correcting me.

;);)

25. iFrankie macrumors member

Maybe this particular store/area/state had iPhones available due to low sales or reservations.

Could be a simple explanation.