Just restored as a new device and now google calendar not there

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Hustler, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Hustler, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014

Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

To start off, iPad 2 on iOS 7.0.4 since it came out.
    I have had several email accounts/calendars working fine before the restore as new.
    Now I can add my gmail account just fine, and I click on the calendar button in its settings, but when I go to calendar it is not even listed as a calendar for me to select to show.
    The email account is not @gmail.com but instead @xxxmyworkxxx.com. But it's a google account.
    I have an iPhone 5 on same software version and the same account is set up just fine on it. All functions including calendar work. I searched the advanced box on the phone and all my settings are on exactly the same what is on my iPad that is not working.

I have tried deleting and re adding as well as powering down with the 'slide to power off' and also a reset while holding home and sleep buttons until it powers down.

Any tips or advice?

Thanks
    Brad

(I have searched the web for solutions and one was to input a 2 step password instead of the account password but after I investigated, my account does not use a 2 step process).

----------

Also, my emails from this account are on my iPad, so I know it's verifying the account as being legit.
    I went to my google account settings on their end and it shows my iPad as having full permission to the account.

----------

Just verified my second @gmail.com account is doing the same thing. I have it's emails now but no calendar option.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

By any change is the iPhone that's working still using ActiveSync/Exchange/Push instead of plain old IMAP?

Google stopped letting you activate new devices using ActiveSync, but old devices/upgrades have been able to continue accessing it in that way.

B

3. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

I am not sure exactly how to check that. I did see as I went mail>Account>Advanced, scroll down at incoming settings that IMAP Path Prefix is" / " on both the iPad and iPhone. So does that mean they both do not have IMAP?

Thank you
    Brad

4. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

Update, stopped by Apple and the floor employees (2) gave me some suggestions but I had already tried all of them. They were very busy and suggested I set an appt with the Genius Bar for more sit down time with a tech or call apple for phone support, which likely will cost me since this iPad is old.

5. Hustler, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

I restored to my back up I saved right before I restored as new...I can see my calendars again.
    Went back to a new restore and gone are my calendars. Reverted back once again to my old back up with working calendars and I'll stay here until I can get any more info/ advice on what to try.
    Thanks guys