Just restored iPhone 4 on 4.1, but having an issue with Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Dec 16, 2010.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I just restored an iPhone 4 to 4.1 (The same version it was already at before the restore), but when I run Cydia and its doing the initial Source check to download packages the first time, it hangs on one source saying "Downloading Packages." Its been sitting there for a while, and I even canceled and it ends with no data and then starts all over again when clicked again.
    I even tried Greenp0ison and Limera1n but no go, the same issue on both. >_< Never had this issue in the past as I have done this to over 12 iPhone 4's (Including this one).
    Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on the issue? :confused:

2. Junkboxy macrumors member

Hmmmm, maybe Cydia is just acting funny tonight on the back-end. I was just doing some of the more common things in downloading Ultrasn0w and SAM. And at least twice it hung up after the download bar went all the way full. And the really funny thing is when I pressed the home button to kill Cydia and then relaunch, it relaunched right back to the same point with the download progress bar at full. Didn't have multitasking enabled or Backgrounder installed, so that was also wierd. And without SBSettings there yet to kill process, I actually had to turn the phone off and on to get unstuck.

3. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

If it doesn't magically resolve itself then a re-jailbreak would be advised. I've found that on occasions a JB may seem to have succeeded but Cydia installation is botched.

4. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Yeah, I was hoping it was just Cydia acting up as this has me a little worried. Seeing as this phone is my sisters lol. The same issues are happening to me, except it just keeps trying to load but nothing happens and no sources show.
    I am going to give it another shot in a few. But this is my 4th attempt. 3 using Limera1n, 1 using Greenp0ison :(. All with the same result, so the idea this issue lies on Cydia's end, makes sense (Especially since I manually updated to the latest Cydia version and the issue persists). But brings up the question of how to fix this. :(

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

oh sorry, I missed that you had already tried to re-JB.

6. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

It's alright, just going to try later in the case this is just a server issue. I might even do it on another PC, though I doubt that will be the fix.

7. jwong3854 macrumors newbie

my issue was more like missing apt.modmyi.com sources, cannot locate packages

8. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Same here, from what I noticed that was the hang and I only got a partial of it. Im trying one last time for the night. Wish me luck.

9. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Well I got it to finish, but now I'm seeing a cache failure from Bigboss's repo. So I can't install Winterboard or anything on that repo as it just comes up with a slew of host errors. Seems like this all could be server side, but at least I have it working... somewhat. I hope I didn't just jynx myself lol.