Just restored Iphone 6, didn't bring health back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by purpleparrotuk, Sep 23, 2014.

1. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

Made a backup of my phone and restored via itunes. Copied my backup back and it didn't keep my touch ID or any of the health data like steps, miles etc. Is this normal?

2. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

hobsgrg

Yes that is normal, the TouchID it's a security measure and the health bit a privacy measure

3. bob24 macrumors 6502

I understand the rational behind treating health data more carefully, but does it mean that going forward if we get a new phone we will lose all of it as i tis not backed up? I would be a serious drawback ...

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Touch ID and passcodes are always removed in restores. Health data was only removed because Apple temporarily pulled the Health app to fix a critical bug. I expect in the future health data will be restored too.

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Did you try an Encrypted iTunes backup?

6. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

That is actually a very serious issue that needs to be fixed. If users are going to start tracking their entire health history on this thing, it really needs to, you know, not just disappear, ever (unless the user wants it to, obviously). And it needs to be backed up to iCloud, many iPhone users don't have or want a PC/Mac desktop. Thought we were moving away from tethering.

7. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Touch ID isn't restored as it's not stored in software to backup. Your touch ID I info is stored in the secure enclave in the processor. Never stored or backed up to iCloud.

8. koolaid-drinker macrumors 6502

You can export your data out of the health app but in all reality,

the health apps have been pulled till 8.0.1.

9. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

That makes it pretty much useless IMO. Means your health history only goes back as far as your last iPhone purchase? WTF? How useful is that?