Just returned AT&T for Verizion

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jdcell100, Apr 4, 2012.

1. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Just returned my new AT&T iPad for a Verizion and all I can say it is like night and day. The speed I was getting on my AT&T was berry sporadic highest I ever seen it was 10 mps 85 percent of the time speed went frome under1 mps to 3 mps Just did a speed test on new Verizion and it buried it at 26 mps. And now I see LTE in the corner never seen that with AT&T all I saw was 4g. I live in Scranton pa. So my advise if anyone lives in the Scranton pa area and is looking for the new iPad definitely go with Verizion

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Your choice of carriers should always be on who has the best coverage in your area.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

For me, I chose the carrier that had the best coverage in areas I travel too. At home in my own city I use wifi.

4. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

So the morale of the story is you bought the wrong iPad initially without checking your coverage map, and now Apple/AT&T are stuck with a used iPad.

Bully for you!

Your post seems to be slamming the AT&T iPad when in reality, if your area supported LTE for AT&T you would be just as happy, right???

5. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Yeah, didn't word that very well. Clearly who has the best coverage where you use the device the most is who you should go with.

6. MR1324 macrumors 6502

i have equal ATT/Verizon LTE coverage in my area. What really leaned me towards Verizon is the fact that they are well ahead of ATT in terms of LTE expansion and the included hotspot.

7. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

It's tough to be an early adopter.

Great coverage at work, no coverage at home or the reverse is true.

No matter which one you choose coverage from all carriers should only get better.

8. Tzuten macrumors 6502

I did so today as well. Only because my LTE coverage was poor with the att. However I must say all things being equal and when I did have 4 + bars with the att the speed was faster than what I am getting right now with Verizon. Verizon just seems to have better coverage but speed wise I'm not so sure.

Since I recently found out that I will be traveling a lot now for work the Verizon also becomes a more attractive choice.

And for what it's worth I was always leaning toward buying the Verizon but the Apple store employee convinced me to "try" the AT&T because the Verizon was out of stock and said I should take advantage of the return policy if I was unhappy. So for those giving grief about returns, maybe you all should direct your angst towards Apple employees first.

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Hmm, I'm not too far from Scranton myself, nice to see someone local (sorta) here (I'm in Wilkes-Barre myself). And yeah, I would've definitely recommended Verizon over AT&T from the start for 4G. It took AT&T ages to get 3G over here, I am not holding my breath about LTE.

(BTW, the "4G" you were seeing was probably just HSPA+. I'm pretty sure LTE has its own indicator for both carriers)

10. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

it sounds like verizon is better in that area

11. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

All depends on location. Lesson learned. For me, I'm blown away with my AT&T LTE as I'm averaging 40+Mbps Down and 18+Mbps Up in my area. :)