Just returned broken 15" BTO Mbpr touch bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jpwh, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Jpwh macrumors newbie

Jpwh

This morning I found my Mbpr without power. It had not been charging. I managed to start it, and it showed that it was connected to power, but not charging. It was also running really slow. At 0% I tried to power off and power on. It never came back on.

I just came from the Apple Store, they could not get it started eighter. Got my money back.

Attached Files:

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

News flash. Mass produced consumer electronics are sometimes faulty. Story at 11.

4. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

And acceptable on a 3-4k machine.

/s

5. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

Sorry to hear about your troubles. But I'm just glad I'm reading a reasonable/valid gripe. Some of the posts lately on MR have given me the impression we have sub-21 year olds for 90% of the active members

6. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

True that!
    If I have to hear another person starting a thread or hijacking completely unrelated threads complaining about what the machine doesn't have/do, the keyboard's travel, hating the touchbar, or the oldie-but-goodie bloody dongles issue (as if we've never had to connect newer stuff to old stuff ever before have we!?), I think I'll scream.

7. RandomRazer Suspended

8. Jpwh thread starter macrumors newbie

Jpwh

Yes, but I'm traveling, so won't get it before January.

PS: I got to keep the power supply. :)

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

That's actually pretty handy! Sorry to hear you had one that malfunctioned though.

10. Brandon Hobart macrumors member

Brandon Hobart

Feels sorry for the troubles you have gone through with your MBPR. But I'm glad that you have already returned it despite cursing the device and the company on the forum. Nowadays, I find the forum full of negativity regarding Apple and it's new or existing products. So, I'm pleased that Apple has returned your MBPR and reimbursed your money and did not give you a hard time for taking the faulty device back lol.

11. Ender17 macrumors regular

Lol at picture. Literally just a MacBook on a table.

12. Jpwh thread starter macrumors newbie

Jpwh

13. dilutedq macrumors regular

It could be a 6k machine, **** happens regardless of the cost. The higher price doesn't make it any less prone to failure.