just returned my ipad 2 for a macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cpucrash0, Apr 15, 2011.

1. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

I just came back from best buy and returned my ipad 2 for the latest macbook pro 13" and I already have the latest macbook air 11" .. I just want to say I like the macbook pro allot. I first started with my iphone 3gs then upgraded when the iphone 4 came out and now I have macbook's. I also have 2 apple tv's. Apple is taking all my money :) They make good products. Can't wait for the new iphone.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I made the same decision. I returned my iPad2 without even opening it and bought a 13 inch macbook pro. For me, the MBP was a better buy for the money. It has flash support, can be tethered to my iPhone, excellent battery life, has much more hard drive space and is incredibly powerful after the last update. Also, Lion is going to make macs very iOS like anyway this summer.

I might pick up an iPad 3 next year but I'm really enjoying my computer.

3. Raggy macrumors newbie

Good decision!

I've never had an I-phone, so just waiting for the I phone 5, then all of my friends who've just tied into a loooooonnnnnng Iphone4 contract will be jealous :p

4. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Not sure quite why you`d need an 11" and a 13" laptop...

I could understand having, say, a 17" and an 11" but these 2 machines just seem too similar to warrant owning both.
    I presume it works for you, I just can`t see the point tbh.

5. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

I have a 13" MBA and could easily do without an iPad because of it. This will be even more true with Lion which blurs the lines between an iPad and Air. But I have an iPad 2 anyway mostly for reading. A MBP would not be as good a replacement for an ipad for me because of size and weight plus no instant on and fast SSD out of the box.

6. Kaizoku macrumors newbie

Good decision in my opinion ;)

call me crazy but I think most of the nice features on the iPad are already on the iPhone4 (apps, email, browsing, youtube, facetime..etc) so I don't really think you need both, especially that you also have an 11" Air :D

7. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Why do people buy 50 inch tvs? You get the same picture with a 20 inch.

8. Kaizoku macrumors newbie

so you're saying that iPad is just an iPhone with a bigger screen?

notice that I said "most of the ipad's nice features", so of course watching movies on ipad would be better than watching them on iphone, but in this particular case, this person has an 11" MacBook Air AND an iPhone 4, so in my opinion he does not need an iPad unless, of course, money is not an issue in his life ;)

9. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Ipad is actually an Ipod Touch, but with a bigger screen.

10. Gr80Likes2Boogi macrumors regular

11. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Omg I did not know that, really?

12. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

It's amazing how fast a decent thread can go bad......

13. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

14. M Powered macrumors regular

lol, I gues this is common. I did the same! Returned the iPad2 due to light bleed, and got the 13" high end :)