Just returned rMBP - white spots

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by insimbi, Jul 14, 2012.

1. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

Just returned my new rMBP after about a week. It had 2 bright white spots on the screen. Now I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for a replacement :mad:

2. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

are you at all considering going back to the non-retina mbp?

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Most likely pressure marks, did they look like this. Had the same issue with my first rMBP.

[​IMG]

4. insimbi thread starter macrumors 6502

insimbi

Yes, they looked similar to that. Pressure marks from what? Also, did your replacement look better? How soon did you get a replacement? Mine is BTO with 16GB RAM, so I could not swap it at the Apple Store.

5. stevelam macrumors 65816

My upgraded 16gb ram version is arriving this upcoming week. I really hope i don't get these issues out of the box.

6. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Pressure marks are exactly what it sounds like. Too much pressure was probably applied during assembly and caused the damage. It was actually for my dads business. He settled for the base model so luckily the Apple store was able to just swap it for another one. Replacement one was perfect.

7. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

Had the same problem with mine, since it was a build to order, they had to send me a new one as well. I opted to have them send me one while I kept the original to use. (Had to fill out a form, authorizing them to charge my CC in the event I didn't return mine.) But at least I wasn't without a laptop.

On a good note, my replacement was flawless.

8. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Mine had a bright spot, not a pressure mark. They didn't want to replace it as I had it for over 3 weeks and the 14 day return was well past. So they ordered a new screen and swapped that for me. At least I didn't have to wait for a replacement.

9. infernohellion macrumors 6502

I hope I won't have this same issue as I won't be home to see my RMBP already there sitting and waiting for me to unpack it 2 weeks after it's delivered :(

10. Hrim macrumors member

I have issues with mine too, did you manage to keep your mac while waiting for the swap, or are you left without any laptop?

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This occurred way back in the day when apple introduced the 15" Aluminum PowerBook. I was hit with those infamous whites spots then. I'll have go examine my rMBP now to see.

12. insimbi thread starter macrumors 6502

insimbi

I asked to keep mine, but they said that wasn't an option. So I had to return mine. I am now waiting for 2-3 weeks - more likely 3 weeks for a replacement. Doh!