Just saved a mouse >oo<

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iToaster, Jul 17, 2007.

1. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

So I run out to get my cat, in the bathroom, and find he's about to catch a mouse. He bolts for it and gets it, but I catch him right at he snags it. Shook it out of his mouth, and have it right now in a small container. Hope it didn't sustain major injury or anything... although it is a mouse in my house. Yes it's a sorta pointless thread... but I just save a mouse!

Attached Files:

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A469a Safari/419.3)
    ewwwwww, give it back to the cat! :p

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Thats nice.....for the mouse, bet the cats is pissed though!:p

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A469a Safari/419.3)
    kitty will seek vengeance. :D

ihasmouse.jpg

5. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Oh, my cats ate my Mighty Mouse.

[​IMG]

And my camera cord.

And my girlfriends phone charger.

They also eat toilet paper and tissues.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

See? They are seeking revenge. :p

Did you let the mouse go? (and did you let the cat out after it?) :D

I'm evil, I know

8. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

iToaster, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but if I were you I'd get rid of that thing, and fast. I really can't see from the picture what kind of mouse that thing is (looks like a run of the mill field mouse), but those little bastards are vectors for all sorts of diseases. Out here in the West we have deer mice, whose droppings can contain a strain of the Hunta virus (nice disease, turns your brain to liquid crap... and then you die). Mice in the lower elevations will almost always carry fleas, which will be a pain in the @$$ to get rid of, and they can infect your cat too.

Yes- it''s good that you didn't let one animal kill another, but instead of taking pictures, I would have chucked him far away from my house.

That's just me- I'm a pessimist.

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Around here we set traps to crush their spines with spring loaded metal bars and celebrate the demise of each of the dirty, destructive, fast-breeding and smelly little B#&&ers.

They eat just about anything, including plants, seeds, grain, stereo speaker cables and clothing, they chew through anything to get to what they want to eat, and they p*$$ and c#@& all over the place.

10. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

It's still amazing you turned out alright...:p

11. iToaster thread starter macrumors 68000

iToaster

He already has one he didn't finish.

I'll chuck him in the morning, into the "field" with the other "mice", it's the middle of the night here (3:45ish), and pictures were the first thing to come to my addled brain, then MR. I'm in the east, so you say it has fleas, that's ok... my cat's fleas are immune to any sort of poison I can try... stupid siamese. Mice are common place in my house, I know they live under my desk... I hear them. And now I wish I still had my hamsters... started with three... peaked a 14, then one got cancer, one ate it's babies and died, another choked on it's bedding, two just up and disappeared, one was inbred and did backflips all the time... died... every one of them died within a week... it sucked.

12. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Your cat was just trying to bring home the bacon. :p

13. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I, for one, applaud your saintly restraint! The only trick is figuring out a way to keep the bugger from coming back...

That was uncalled for.

14. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I'm not sure why you interrupted the Circle of Life, but I don't live with you so it ain't my problem.

Living in Baltimore, we has a major mouse problem (what was a good thing - the mice only show up when there are no rats). So we got us a mouser. Problem was that she was too good at her job - we actually had to cut back on her feedings becuase she was getting too fat. So, to answer your question siurpeeman - sometimes mice are there because they're everywhere.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I prefer sticky traps.

16. iToaster thread starter macrumors 68000

iToaster

I had one of those once... forgot about it for a week. Realize my mistake, and the mouse chewed a nice sized gash in the side, was twitching, and had a pile of you know what behind him. I got him off and threw him into the outer reaches of my yard. Also, I remember that half-mouse picture from somewhere... just can't place it.

17. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Before we got the mouser we started with the stickies - all we got was fur on the paper and mice that probably looked like they had mange. After the paper we tried the traps. They worked, until we realized that the nasty smell in the kitchen was the mouse that managed to only get it's leg caught, dragged itself under the stove and died. At that point we got the mouser.

18. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Nice move. Now you are the Mighty Mouse master.

19. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I woke up from a nap on the couch to this sweet looking animal crunching on that. He left a bit for later.

IMG_0015.JPG

iPhone pic btw

20. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

My parents used to occasionally get a mouse in their basement. I remember catching one when I was like 15 or so, bringing it outside into the woods, and letting it go. Be safe little fella!

Off topic, but related, I was visiting my parents maybe 2 years ago. At night, my father was outside doing his thing, when he comes inside and says he found a bunch of baby bunnies, all alone. Poor little guys. We called up the animal place in town, guy said to wait it out to see if momma rabbit comes back. If not, take good care of them at night and bring them back out in the morning (we don't need squirrels or anything else eating the little guys). Animal guy said it won't look good of momma rabbit doesn't find them soon.

Brought em inside but on the porch so they could be somewhat seen from outside. Blanketted the little guys and fed them and such and then brought them back out the next morning. Mother rabbit never returned, poor little guys only lasted a couple days. They were massively cute. I miss those little guys!

21. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

22. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Sure he's looking ever so sweet and cute....
    But trust me, he's thinking: "if you trash the lower half of my tasty mouse you're a dead man, and I'll pee on your bed".

But he really does look cute 'n cuddly :)

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What is the mouser?

24. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

A Cat. Essentially one gotten specifically for catching mice.