Just scored an Apple Pencil from an unexpected Source.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tom G., Jan 12, 2016.

1. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I just purchased an :apple: Pencil from my local AT&T store. I did not expect them to have it, but decided to try on a whim as I was driving by.

I had just tried Walmart as I saw in a thread on this site that you could order from them and have one in 1 or 2 days. The guy in the computer section said "This might be possible if this is a new product." This threw me for a loop, I didn't say anything but as I walked out I thought "Here is a supposed expert in the computer department who thinks that an :apple: Pencil might be a 'new product'? No wonder they are not called geniuses.

On my way home I had to go past the AT&T corporate store, in town and figured I'd try. I asked the concierge at the door if they had gotten any pencils in, and he said they had just gotten their first one in that morning. I got there about 40 minutes after they opened. I immediately told him I wanted it and about 10 minutes later walked out with it.

I then bought a PowerBall ticket on the way home, you can't tell how long such Karma might last.:D

2. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

3. Tom G., Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016

Tom G. thread starter macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Sorry I should have put that in the original post.

Yes, it is absolutely the best pencil or stylus that I have ever used, and I've tried a lot from cheap ones to one that was over $125 and just has sat in the drawer since day one.

Its' palm rejection is near perfect, something I'm having problems with because I'm so used to keeping my fat hand off the screen and now I find myself still doing it when I don't. Its' latency is also near perfect it is like using a pen on paper. The only thing I'm having any frustration with, is simply writing on glass, it is so slick. This is not a problem with the pencil its just the way of things. I have problems signing my name on those screens when you use a CC for the same reason.

I would like it slightly larger in diameter, but that is a personal thing, and easily overlooked, and I would have liked it if it came with a pocket clip. Again a very minor thing that can be easily corrected.

I am a serious amateur photographer, and have used it to do some photo retouching, and absolutely love it.

I also used it on an app called "Recolor" which is a coloring book, and it is really handy for this, and brought to mind when someone will come out with a Paint by Numbers app for the IPP. The colors would be in a side bar and you would use the :apple: pencil for the brush, when you went over the numbers they would disappear.