Just sent my dented MBP back. Are people still reciving defective comps?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rgleason, Nov 4, 2008.

1. rgleason macrumors newbie

rgleason

Hey everyone,
    The title of the post pretty much says it all. I just got back from the Bolyston St. Apple store and off the phone with Applecare and it looks like they are going to be sending me a replacement for my new unibody MBP which showed up with multiple dents as well as the problem with the battery door sliding all around. It was a BTO 2.8, 250 7200rpm so my only real option was to send it back to them for a replacement. So I was just wondering, are there many people who have received BTO MBP's in the last few days still having these defects popping up? I'm just hoping that this replacement doesn't show up with the same issues as the last or something worse. These things wouldn't be such a big deal, but c'mon people it's almost a 3,000 dollar laptop here. Sorry if it sounds picky but at that price it's gotta at least show up at my door flawless. Let me be the one to put the dents in it, not the factory.;) Thanks for any info anyone has.

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

No product should arrive with multiple dents. Lets hope this is a Carrier problem and not an apple QC problem.

3. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Apple QC is perfect :rolleyes:. That's why I'm waiting on my third MBP. If it were the carrier, the box would be all dented from everywhere.

4. rgleason thread starter macrumors newbie

rgleason

Anybody actually have any info about whether or not these defects are continuing to show up on MBP's received in the last day or two? I'm hoping that they get these issues under control and quick because i sure have read a lot about a whole slew of problems people have been having, mine included.:(

5. Sin.dc2r macrumors newbie

My unibody MB (fiance's) came perfectly out of the box. The MBP i purchased on Tuesday was perfect, had the 9484C screen, no loose battery cover, no dents, and no crooked keys. Unfortunately, it had a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Apple swapped it out for a new one today and it is PERFECT. I just calibrated the screen per the profiles on MR and it is just beautiful. =) Keep trying until you are happy!

6. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

mine wasn't BTO, but it came with a dent on the side. got it replaced today, new one is perfect!