Just signed up for SquareTrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Jun 26, 2010.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I just signed up for SquareTrade because I refuse to use my new sleek iPhone 4 inside of an ugly case (short of a bumper). After seeing many glass breaks etc, I decided to sign up for Square Trade. It was $5.99 a month, and there is only a $50 deductable (vs paying Apple $199 or so).

Anyone else do this? It is nice to have this peace of mind I think

2. Fant macrumors regular

3. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Why did you decide to pay monthly? If you use the code SLICKPHONE4 it brings it down to about $80.

4. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

what date did you guys put for the purchase date ?

5. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

The part that made it worth it was the accidental damage protection. It will also extend Apple's warranty by one more year. As for the purchase date, I put the 24th, as I stood in line for it.

6. Swiss Miss macrumors member

Swiss Miss

I bought it earlier today, too using the code that was posted a few posts up^^. I figure it's one of the cheapest and includes accidental so it'd be worth it... but on the other hand, I'm thinking, if you completely demolish your iPhone wont Apple sell you a new one for $200 anyways? I think my brother did that once when he went for a dive with it... If that's the case, then it's not really THAT much of a bargain considering you'd spend the initial $80 and then $50 deductible on top of it. I've heard nothing but great things about Squaretrade though, so gonna think about it a bit more...

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

It won't extend your the original Apple warranty by one year. The one year that your iPhone has will remain. Only way to extend that is by purchasing AppleCare. That area in SquareTrade simply shows your current manufacturer's warranty.

And yeah, the date on the receipt should be the date of purchase. Whatever it says on your receipt should be what you put since they will ask for a copy for their records (in case of future warranty claims).

It's also interesting to note that you CAN'T make any warranty claims in the first 60 days of purchasing the warranty, which kind of sucks if you're accident prone.

8. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I just got it as well ! I also called them to ask about their coverage and was told that they will pay the current value of the iPhone 4 at the time of the accident and not the discounted price. It was a no brainer !

9. Luddy macrumors member

I got this for my last phone and just got it for the iPhone 4 this year. It was even cheaper this time around with higher coverage.

I never had to make a claim but from what I heard from other people when i got the warranty on the last phone they are fairly good about it.