iPad Just sold my 3rd Gen iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dimorphic, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Dimorphic macrumors member

Dimorphic

I just sold it on eBay for $349 AUD. That seemed to be the average price going for a 16GB wifi only model.

I have an iPad mini and ever since I bought it I found myself reaching for the mini over the 9.7" version every time. The form factor is perfect and I just feel that if Apple adds a retina display to the mini 2 it will be the perfect tablet.

So I decided that the mini was my go. Anyone else made the same decision?

2. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

If the Mini's screen didn't look so washed out I'd enjoy it more but as it stands it's still a solid device. I love the size and the battery life. Performance is decent too aside from the 512mb which has been an issue for web browsing. I'd imagine it will also be a problem with the next version of iOS. We'll see.

3. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

I made the same decision. Gave my iPad 3 to my dad and bought myself the mini. I miss the retina with text, especially on web browsing, but it's not the end of the world. The difference is far less noticeable with movie watching.

Once the retina mini comes out though, I'll be selling this and eating the difference. The form factor is perfect and I doubt I ever go back to the full size.

4. Dimorphic thread starter macrumors member

Dimorphic

My first true test will be tomorrow when I fly to Sydney and watch a movie on the mini.

5. Alith macrumors 6502

I did the same. I thought I would use them both but ended up just using the mini exclusively and eventually sold the 3 to a friend who was after an HD comic device.

Looking forward to the retina screen whenever it turns up but this is great until then.