Just sold my unlocked iPhone--now what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcguru83, May 17, 2008.

1. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

So I just sold my unlocked 8GB iPhone on eBay for a Buy-It-Now price of $349. I've unlocked it using PwnageTool, and all seems to be functioning normally. Anything else I need to do before I send it off?

FWIW, it's being sent to Australia.

EDIT: Sheesh, it seems everyone here is doing this! I see at least one other thread with basically the same question on the front page. Feel free to ignore this thread.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

*srug* If it's unlocked, it's unlocked. Send it off.

3. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

YOU GOT RIPPED OFF BAD, i hope you charged about $100 in postage because unlocked used iPhones in Aust. are being sold for upwards of US$500 (after converting)

My Friend, i feel bad for you

4. pcguru83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

I didn't get ripped off. I'm the one who set the price. Granted, I did short myself a good bit, but that's not the buyers fault. He lucked out on an awesome deal.

It's is only a tiny bit frustrating though. I swear, when I looked earlier this week USED unlocked phones were going for $325-ish. They seem to have skyrocketed in price in less than a week. I obviously should have checked the going prices before I put it up for sale. Ah, well. $50 still isn't bad for a new 3G iPhone in 3 weeks.

Just don't remind me again I could have actually made money on the transaction. :D

5. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

It's not that he got ripped off, it's that the Aussie who bought it was smart enough to shop outside Australian eBay.

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Just jack up the shipping a bit if you want a little more.

Make sure you send all the cables and stuff.