Just some feelings for today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewxie, Sep 19, 2014.

1. andrewxie macrumors member

I showed up around 8:40pm outside the mall at a Bellevue mall here in WA, were behind 150 people. Waited until 1PM today to finally stepped in the Apple store, was told that 6+ were all out like 3 hours ago. The line was moving insanely slow because of scalpers been cutting lines and kept buying phones in the store. I was incredibly disappointed of all the scalpers and the poor management by the Apple store. Man, what a day!
    I don't know what to do at this point. If I want to get the 6+ asap, would you guys say the best way is to reserve online and pick up at the store?

2. lke macrumors 6502a

And why you don't buy the iphone 6 + from the scalpers

I would love to see their faces because nobody do that.

3. dishfan82 macrumors member

I was ticked off mainly because The t-mobile stores I went to didn't have Any display models to hold and play with. I mean come on if I'm going to drop money down for a phone there better be a working display model in the store. Thing is I got there at 8am and went to another store and both said Apple never sent them one.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've always wondered what their (scalpers) profit margin is on iPhones.

5. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Only way to win this game: don't play. Don't subject yourself to this, ever.

Wait until the BS dies down. Two months from now, walk in, calmly and peacefully, and buy what you want, when you want. You'll have purchased a phone that was made when the production line is a bit more seasoned, and never again will you even think about these zeros who cut lines for a phone.

6. andrewxie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I appreciate your comments a lot! Yeah two months from now would be a lot better than now. I think I will try walk in two weeks from now and see whats out there by then.

----------

Huge actually, otherwise they wouldn't do it around the world. Especially for those countries are not in the first group releases, such as China. Some people would pay close to 3000 dollars for a 6+ 64g.

7. cnotes2019 Suspended

It's going to cost $4000 in china when it's finally released

8. Copefree macrumors member

Ahh yes. Good ol' Bell Square. You'd think they'd have it better handled than that. Good luck with whatever you do.

9. TigerMe macrumors member

Pre-order online

I have never waited on a line for a phone. I stay up until midnight and pre-order the thing. Latest fedex has ever showed up was around noon.

So much easier and less anxiety inducing.

10. cnotes2019 Suspended

No anxiety here when one phone is sold two replace it sooner or later.

11. Jeff3f macrumors member

they're making it WAY easier this time. They seem to be letting folks reserve phones in store--I just saw a 6plus in stock and reservable at my local apple store. So no more need to just drop by to check.

It's helpful for them too I'm sure, because having lots of unhappy people stopping by to be disappointed isn't the foot traffic they want. They want folks to stay out unless they're buying. Probably even the scalper folks--when I got my phone my apple helper was psyched to finally see an unboxing LOL.

12. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

That's usually my plan as well, but sometimes things happen. I was all set to preorder on time, then my wife's water broke and she went into labor. Hard to order a phone while taking care of her.

----------

I keep checking for a 6+, but no joy at the local stores so far.

13. illutionz macrumors 65816

I don't think I will ever wait in line for a phone. Preordered my 6+ and got in the October 1-6 batch but I get shipping notification yesterday and it'll arrive on Monday/Tuesday. SCORE!

Although, I am going to Providence Apple Store some time today to pick up my leather case, play around with the 6+, and naturally to laugh at people on the line (if any)

14. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

Or just pre-order and have it delivered to you.....
    That what I did and no lines...no hassles....except waiting on Fedex! :)
    Got my IP6 64GB by 3PM

15. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I had gotten my 6+ yesterday.. They had quite a few. Didn't really try and check to see how many they were.. but I was 20ish in line and grabbed one. And the few behind me had a chance to grab one as well.

I was told by a former Apple Employee they do drop shipments and it could come in blindly whenever. Not sure how far away from an Apple Store you are... but occasionally drop by and check to see any available will help your chances of grabbing one.

16. andrewxie thread starter macrumors member

That is what I about to do if I can't reserve it and pick it up at the store.