Just some help please

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lulla01, Oct 22, 2008.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

So my dad saw my tattoo on my back this morning im 20 years old i got it when i was 17 now hes mad at me and my mom for never telling him and i just think its ridiculous. He told me not to talk to him and that he wasn't going to do anything for me ever again. Its a small religious symbol on my back its not that big of a deal.. anyway what would you guys do i know there's some older people here who have contributed good advice in the past...

thanks

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Not knowing you or your family makes it hard to offer advice.

Give your dad some time. He's probably more upset with your mom for not telling him than he is with you, though. You are an adult now; just try not to make a big deal out of it. And don't bring it up again.:eek:

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Wirelessly posted via a group of monkeys using a typewriter / Ribbon 1.1 / Paper 2.0

I think, given some time, he'll get over it. It was probably just a knee-jerk reaction.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

So what is this seemingly innocuous "small religious symbol"?

Maybe that is what has gotten his knickers in a twist.

Fer goodness sakes. You're 20 years old.
    Your father sounds like the "child" here.

:rolleyes:

5. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

yeah

i dont know
    i got kind of upet the worst part is the part knowing he is angry he works at home finance trading so hes always home i go to school locally so its just hard to deal with

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

He's probably upset because it's a tramp stamp.

7. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

just give it some time, and then just try to talk to him. I'd stay away for a few days and let him vent.

On a side note i have 2 tattoos and they are pretty big on my back that i never told my father about. But he doesn't live with me and i never see him. So i kinda know what you mean.