Just some quick questions/battery questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Paintball36, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Paintball36 macrumors newbie

Okay, well I got a 16 gig Ipod touch for Christmas, and when I went to charge/sync it for the first few times i had some problems, are these normal?...

-Wouldn't recognize the Ipod, and when it did it would begin syncing and then come up with an error message stating that it could write to or be written from, or something to the effect... Is this anything to be cautious of? (Hasn't happened since)

-The first time I charged it using an AC charger the screen turned an "off white" color, and when I turned it back on and unlocked it it went away, and hasn't happened since... Anybody have this happen to them? Is it a bad thing?

----Now for battery questions--- :D:p

Okay, well I have downloaded some 30$ worth of apps (I got a gift card, and have most of the music/movies i want) and when playing apps, the battery life seems to... Suck... BAD. Last night I charged it and used it for 30 minutes at my house, and 30 at my friends, when the "20% battery left" message appeared.... Now, I don't know if the battery life is supposed to be that bad, or if it is normal... Anybody else notice this?

Lastly, due to what I stated above, in February when I go to Guatemala for vacation I have a long flight, and a layover somewhere, so I'll be needing all of my Ipod, any really good portable battery chargers out there that I should look into? (Portable as in, uses double/triple A batteries)

If you have read all of this and helped me out, thank you! :):):)

2. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

In regards to battery life, depending on what games your playing, it`s going to be really bad. Probably close to 1.5 hours max.

3. Paintball36 thread starter macrumors newbie

ah figured. Thanks