Just something weird

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 1984world, Sep 11, 2010.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

So I had a jailbreak, but then my phone froze up and I had to do a restore. Funny thing though, I had used a program (can't recall the name of it) to change the name of my carrier to my own name, and when I restored in itunes, the name stayed the same. Is that normal?

I've upgraded to 4.1 if that makes a difference.....

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Yes because you restored from backup as opposed to set up as new. Therefore some system preferences/settings files get transfered over from your backup. The carrier name is in one of those files.

3. Brother Esau macrumors 6502

Funny.......I have the exact same experience when I installed 4.0.2 prior to installing 4.1GM.... restored as new......after that I restored to a backup I performed on 4.0.2 after I got rid of my jailbreak:confused:

Wondering...if anything else from jailbreak remains other than the HACKER network I set and the AT&T signal BAR change I made when jailbroken.

4. 1984world thread starter macrumors 6502

1984world

Thanks for the replies. I had thought that the reinstall would be totally clean. Not that I care, this is actually pretty good. I will definately jb again as I got lots of functionality that I could not get previously (or now). Too bad that itunes forced me to upgrade my os system on the phone to reinstall.......