Just spilled Tea NEAR MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeppelin06, Feb 28, 2008.

1. zeppelin06 macrumors newbie

I was at a local coffeeshop today and accidently spilled a cup of tea at my table. It happened behind my running plugged in 15" mbp. The tea ran across the table and underneath. None spilled across the top or splashed in. It mearly tipped over and all came running out. I quickly moved my mbp unplugged it, held the power button down till it shutdown then removed the battery. The tea was not the "deep" so I am unsure if any ran into the vents in the back. But the bottom was definitly wet. How long should I wait? I don't believe any actually went in but I want to be sure. It is still under warranty and I was planning on buying the apple care in a few months. Is this any different from being moist do to humidity or sweat or anything. I'm sure condensation has built near the back at some point. Any comments please. Thanks.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Let it dry out for 24 hours and then switch it on, it'll probably be fine.

3. LVdustin macrumors regular

Yeah, you should be fine if everything is working, just don't spill anything directly on the computer, then you'll fry your logic board mostly with water damage.

4. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Consider yourself "lucky". There was a thread posted here earlier today from a guy who was charging his new MBP on the floor and came back to find his dog had whizzed on it. Suffice it to say, the computer would not turn on. And, even if it did turn on in a day or so....that smell... I tried to link the thread, but I couldn't find it.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

6. zeppelin06 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I couldn't wait 24 hours. I had too much work to get done for midterms. It powered up and seems to be working fine. I just hope nothing happens in a week or two down the road, doubtful I know but I think for now on when I'm working around liquids I'll just sit my laptop on a large pile of brawny, just to be safe.