Just started a return for my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TodVader, Oct 25, 2008.

1. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I received my MBP thursday and was really happy with it even if it had 1 dead pixel at the top left corner right under the apple (right where there is a tiny line that crosses the screen between the desktop and menu bar so I don't see it during normal use).

I wasn't mad until I tried to install Vista. When putting a DVD in the drive, it gets stuck halfway like there was something in it's way. To get it to enter the MBP, I need to give it a certain angle (pointing the CD a little bit higher).

I called and they gave me a shipping label. The other one will come with the fastest shipping.

I guess it's back to the 1.33GHz iBook for a while heh.

I'm not mad about anything but I sure am happy of having used my optical drive before the 14th day.

Just beware of this problem which I could have totally overlooked if it weren't for my need of Windows!

I hope my new one is flawless!

Does anyone know how long it takes for the whole process ? (He said about 2 weeks but they probably put it at the worst case scenario)

Wish me luck on my replacement! I love this computer, it looks so nice.

2. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I just received my shipping label and UPS will come and grab it Monday. It will only go to Ontario (1 Province away) and they will send a new one from China with priority shipping as soon as they receive it.

How fast is the priority shipping?

I guess they will receive the "broken" MBP wednesday.

Do you think it's possible that I get my new MBP before the weekend of the coming week? Probably not but I sure would be surprised and happy.

3. deriko100 macrumors 6502

When i sent my iphone to get fixed it took about 5 days because i sent it on saturday it came about Tuesday so you should get it in about 4 days if your sending it to the facility in texas.