Just started plan and it is pro-rated for 3 days.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pochi Hanaki, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Pochi Hanaki macrumors regular

I just purchases the iPhone 3gs on Friday and when I looked at my bill today it has me over on texting. I had 200 free but since for whatever strange reason the only gave me 20 since they are pro-rating my bill as the billing period will start on the 21st. This is freaking stupid as they knew everyone was signing up for the iPhone today and they don't tell you that hey you can only use 20 of your 200 text messages.....

A question if anyone knows. I do I stop the voice command from calling anyone when the phone is locked. I don't want lose my phone and have tons of minutes cause someone is using my phone...

2. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Same here, with a 6/21 end of billing cycle. If they charge all of the new AT&T accounts for this, there will be a heck of a lot of phone calls to customer service. :)

3. neilp4453 macrumors regular

Yea..most companies pro-rate like that.

I've gotten mad texting overages as our texting went up over a few billing cycles and I kept upgrading plans (finally to unlimited). They would take off our original plan (ex. 2000 texts allowed) with a prorated variation (being a % of the original plan)...but we had already texted over 1000 times (this 1000 was more than the prorated amount allowed for). The bill...owned with the pay-per-use cost for any extra text messages. It would end up so I would have saved money if the full original texting plan would have stayed and THEN the new plan was added for the remaining month.

But I find At&t customer service extremely easy to work with. I've never actually had to pay these overages.

It takes a couple tries though.
    One person will tell me I was told the prices would be pro-rated.
    Another will offer me $20 off.
    Another will waive the fee entirely.

4. BB15 macrumors newbie

One question to go along with this:

Do we get a bill for the first 3 days of use that we have to pay? I just logged on to ATT and it moved my next bill date from 6/21 to 7/21, but said I did not owe anything. I was expecting a pro-rated amount of around $9.

Will this just show up later? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You will receive the bill with the prorated amount until the end of the bill cycle, and then the month in advance charge. I know, we do the same thing at Verizon.

6. BB15 macrumors newbie

Ah, okay. I see that now in my service summary. Thank you!

7. spybeagle macrumors newbie

Couldn't cope with that!

O2 UK, like most companies here just have everyone one on a personal billing date based on activation. In some cases that might be the day of despatch so you lose a couple days but in the iPhone case it's the day of activation on itunes.

8. Pochi Hanaki thread starter macrumors regular

How do I stop the voice command from calling anyone when the phone is locked. I don't want lose my phone and have tons of minutes cause someone is using my phone