just started using MobileMe on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcapz, Apr 30, 2009.

1. jcapz macrumors member

I just started using MobileMe on my iPhone and I am not getting emails pushed instantly. Is there any reason for that? I sent a couple of test emails to it and same result each time...probably a couple of minutes or more.

2. iwb macrumors newbie

MobileMe is having issues today. First time I've experienced delayed emails. This is the message I got from a Support Rep with MobileMe Chat a few minutes ago.
    Give it a shot. I've had MobileMe since July and really like it, despite what lots of folks on here say :)

3. jcapz thread starter macrumors member

4. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Strangely, on my desktop sync, it always states that "mobileme sync failed due to syncing data issues.."

However, all the data is synced wirelessly, almost instantaneously over the air. That message has just managed to be, at best, annoying.

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Yeah, Mobile Me is usually instant for me but it's a bit slower today.

6. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I'd use MobileMe if it were a bit cheaper... $99 for a year... I guess I don't need it that much...

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

^^You can get it for a lot cheaper on ebay or amazon.

8. txjeep macrumors member

I was wondering what was going on with the delayed emails the last hour or two. I have three Macs and an iPhone. I love MobileMe. It rocks. Everything is always in sync and I can access any of my machines from any of the others.

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Like the above said, eBay or Amazon. I got the Family Pack for $90, then sold the 4 family member accounts for $10 each to other people. Great deal all around!

10. cap'njack macrumors member

I'd never thought of eBay for MobileMe. Found someone selling for $31 (£21) Far better than the £60 that Apple wanted for a year!

11. jcapz thread starter macrumors member

Yesterday and today there is a delay. Only one email i tested got pushed within seconds.....other emails have been minutes to almost an hour. I wonder if its only because im on a trial hehe which I don't think is the case.

12. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I agree. I have had very few issues with MobileMe and love it.

Yes. I recently purchased the MobileMe family pack on E-Bay for $80 (Apple's price is $149). Never buy through Apple if you can help it.

13. Legolai macrumors member

on this note, if i buy a retail pack do i need a credit card to register mobile me?

14. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

You will pay the regular price from Apple, though, when you renew it after your year is up. Just making sure everyone realizes that.

15. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

Can you upgrade through another ebay code purchase or do you have to upgrade directly through Apple?

Thanks!

16. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I sure wish that I could find a family member account for $10, or even $20! I really have no compelling need for it and just want to play with it! ;-)

17. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Not true. You buy another pack and just enter the code. The extension will happen automatically on the expiration date.

18. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

By doing so will you still retain your original @me.com address?

19. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Yes.

20. danny_w macrumors 601

as the above poster said YES. There is never any reason to buy or renew through Apple. I also get my AppleCare from eBay much cheaper than from Apple.

21. limesmoothie macrumors 6502

Thanks for the eBay recommendations - I'm on the 60 day trial at the moment and I'm finding it excellent - has really changed the way I view and use my iPhone. So am keen to get the full version but wasn't looking forward to springing £59 for it.

22. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Heh, funny how you said that with an authoritative voice, and yet... you're wrong.