Just submitted my first app, Folder Album Artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by juvenile38, Aug 22, 2011.

1. juvenile38, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

juvenile38 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I Just submitted my first app called Folder Album Artwork on the Mac App Store. It's used to automatically populate folder icons with the artwork contained in a folders audio files.

• Drag over one or more folders and populate subfolders automatically.
    • Process thousands of folders with a single drag. If you don't have the image you can drag them into the app from iTunes, the web and more.

There's more information on my website http://2manyrobots.com. Any feedback/suggestions are welcome and thanks for the help.

2. juvenile38 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the views! If anyone has read this and they're on the fence, I have a few promo codes simply follow @2_Many_Robots on twitter and ask for a promo code and I'll hook it up.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

So it seems to do:

Music file -> folder icon
    Image file in folder -> folder icon

If that's the case, just want you to know that most people on a Mac aren't sorting music by folders.

4. juvenile38 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your feedback,

I agree with you that most people using Mac's are using iTunes (like myself) or other media players for their music. However I still go through my folders enough to make sure they're tagged and sorted properly, so that the transition into iTunes is smoother. For this reason I like the look Folder Album Artwork gives my folders even if I'm not browsing through them as much as I am through iTunes.

People using Sonos or other audio setups are often browsing their folders as well, so do I think Folder Album Artwork can have a place on your system, if it suits your setup.

This app was designed to coexist with iTunes and other media players. It can also create icns files from any image, and the next version which has been submitted, will be able to scan tbn files used by media centers like XBMC among other new features.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated!