iPad mini Just successfully exchanged my iPad 3 for a mini.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sosinsurr, Nov 2, 2012.

1. sosinsurr macrumors regular

The manager made it noted that it's a huge exception for him to do it, but he never once made an fuss about it and did it gladly. I wasn't within the 14 day window, but I was within the 30 day purchase window.

I had a 16GB 3 and he gave me the option of exchanging it for either the mini or the 4, in any model, and I could get a gift card for the difference (on the mini obviously) or pay the difference on a higher priced unit. I chose a 32GB with a case and called it good.

Just proof of how badass Apple's customer service is!

Anyone else been able to do this?

2. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

GOOD for you!!! (and no i am still holding onto my ipad 2.. cannot afford anything new but excited for you! How is ipad mini?)

3. nStyle macrumors 65816

Actually Apple openly said they would extend their policy to 30 days for anyone who recently bought a 3...A little pretentious for that Apple rep to tell you it was an exception.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

congrats ... nice choice ... I am going to grab one.

5. sosinsurr thread starter macrumors regular

See that's what I thought it was too. But when I called apple up, they told me its case by case, store by store, and that I should go in and talk to the manager. So that's what I did.

6. nStyle macrumors 65816

Either way glad you got it switched out and glad you are enjoying the Mini :)