Just swapped iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Musicmadnessash, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Musicmadnessash macrumors member

Returned my 3G and got a new one becuase the previous one had a pin prick bubble mark thing on the back..

The new one has.... A dead pixal and the volume button is not level.. Grr

I'm worried about going back invade I get the roll eyes attitude..

Are these good enough reasons to take the phone back

2. atluten macrumors 6502

Don't mind what others think. You should take it back if you feel that it is defective because you paid money for a product that really isn't supposed to have those kinds of issues. I would think that the dead pixel alone is enough to ask for a replacement, particularly if it is located in a very visible location. Good luck.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm rolling my eyes at you and I don't even work there so yeah, go "invade".

4. iWhat? macrumors newbie

The pin prick thing sounds familiar with one on the back of mine. It's so minute though, literally the size of the tip of a pin/needle. There is no bubble on mine so perhaps yours was more obtrusive. I'm just happy mine has no cracks so I'll be holding onto mine. I'm sure any scratches I put on the back of it in the future will be worse than that tiny mark.

5. Musicmadnessash thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the useful reply, and for the not so useful reply. Will take it back tomorrow :)

6. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

My theory is, if you can live with it do so, if you can't, go get one that you can live with... that's what I do anyway and I'm on my 3rd 3G so far...

7. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

Theres no shame in it. You payed good money and deserve the best, go get it. It's there job to do that stuff so take your time and tell them what the hell is wrong.

8. profetto macrumors regular

I just noticed today on the back of mine there is the same type of pin prick spot. When you look at it in the light you can see a disturbance where the pin prick is, almost as though the plastic is 'pinched' only very small like the size of a pin prick.

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

9. Musicmadnessash thread starter macrumors member

grrr

Went today and this blonde girl looked at it and said.... "where where is it? " I was like right there!!!! "oh yes it's barely visible. " I said that's not the point. Firstly the phones not activated so I can't turn up the brightness to accompany your shops bright lights which is glaring on the screen.

"well the manager is not here and I don't know how many times we can exchange the iPhone"

I said fine I'll be back tomorrow.

Stupid woman Id rather have the damn air bubble pin thing! I can't stand dead pixals! It is very noticable at home because there are no glaring lights shining on the phone.

Btw yesterday the manager was telling me that they have had a few pin prick phones taken back even a member of staff had one.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They "must" exchange the iPhone as many times as it takes to get it right, of course, depending on the stock available. Fill out this online questionnaire:

http://www.apple.com/retail/feedback/

They (the Apple Store you visited) tend to respond rather quickly if you've had a poor CS experience...:cool:

11. danielforman macrumors regular

I am waiting for my 5th iPhone 3G to come. I am not having much luck with them. First one the power button came loose after 2 weeks. Then the rest have all had dust under the glass which you can see when the screen is on in daylight. Plus 2 of them had lightleak although not that bad but explained how the dust was getting in.

Decided when I got my fourth that on seeing the dust I could not be bothered anymore to swap it and put it down to the fact it was getting in at the factory but within 2 days loads more has got in.

So waiting for my replacement one to come from O2-UK. Hopefully the next one will be ok. If not it is going back. For the money you pay for it there should be no problems with it.

12. Musicmadnessash thread starter macrumors member

I got mine at o2 unfortunatly :-(

To the other poster -5th!!! iPhone! That's so bad! I know now that if I get a new iPhone 2moz I'm gonna be searchin for dust!!

Hope ur new phone is ok!!

13. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

5th....wth! A N A L...

14. tritonj macrumors 6502a

nothing wrong with returning if you have a defective iPhone, by the same token, if i have one that is perfect in terms of, no light leak, no negative black, no dead pixels. i would be hesitant to return it for another one because of a minor cosmetic issue, because of the risk in getting one with those issues mentioned above. the way i look at it is, i will use it for 2 years, in those 2 years it is bound to at least get 1 scratch on it, so why bother with something that will happen eventually with everyday use. but a defect definately return till you get a good one

15. rannddeee macrumors regular

i had this little bubble mark on the back too (8gb black). i just came back from the apple store and exchanged it for a brand new one. they even let me upgrade to the white 16gb i just had to pay the difference. the guy was really cool about it.